Gibson Brands Forums

Your favorite acoustic stuff, TODAY....

Murph

It's early and I couldn't sleep, and this album came to mind.

These guys had such great timing and were so in sync at the time. It's just a pleasure to kick back with this stuff. I bought a mint "Shady Grove" cd off ebay last year for a gift, and ended up keeping it.

18 hours ago, Lars68 said:

This is from a brand new album released a few weeks ago. Love it! Nice guitars too…

Lars

I used to like him. He jumped on the woke bandwagon and I got no use for him. I guess people haven’t learned yet politics, religion, and people’s sexual orientation can aggravate people. Wasn’t the old saying don’t talk about politics and religion? I guess you gotta sing about something. Seen him about 8 times. My wife is seeing him in two weeks, I will be absent. Glad he got sober, cause it was gonna kill him and wrecked his first marriage to Shonna.

Southeastern is a great album. His time in the Drive-By Truckers was when they were at their peak. They kicked him out of the band in Richmond, VA on tour. That’s what the line is about in the song Cover Me Up. DBT went woke too. I guess it’s what you gotta do for acceptance. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 minutes ago, AnneS said:

Love this…thanks for the share.

People forget him. Solid Air, Sunday’s Child, and One World are great albums if you have never heard them. Most people just know he was Nick Drake’s close friend. The song  Solid Air is about Nick.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

This one surprised me when I first heard it and I’ve since listed to it numerous times.  It’s from Ringo Starr’s latest EP and the track is called Free Your Soul and it not only has Ringo exploring a Latinx rhythm, but it has also has a fantastic Latinx nylon acoustic guitar in it. The song is co-written by Ringo.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark

Some days this is my acoustic sound - mean of course soundS, , , as both of them count in this temple. Saturday the 29th of July 2023 is one of those. 

The jam starts by >>>>>>> 10:20 >

All in all I regard this a highly important'n' precious video.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Due the different natures of the 2 squares, the sonic authenticity and the basic wonderful twi-look - plus the fact that the guys have such a gooood time. 

Edited by E-minor7

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

Some days this is my acoustic sound - mean of course soundS, , , as both of them count in this temple. Saturday the 29th of July 2023 is one of those. 

The jam starts by >>>>>>> 10:20 >

All in all I regard this a highly important'n' precious video.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Due the different natures of the 2 squares, the sonic authenticity and the basic wonderful twi-look - plus the fact that the guys have such a gooood time. 

Wow-  and it is fun, too. . . At the end, they were laughing, maybe because they can't believe they got that on tape.

With a little help from the person at the eq bringing out some real rumble in that Hummingbird.

Edited by 62burst
  • Like 1