Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite John Wayne movie???

"I haven't lost my temper in 40 years; but, Pilgrim, you caused a lot of trouble this morning; might have got somebody killed; and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't. I won't. The hell I won't!" McKlintock.

But I also like the Rio Bravo and True Grit. He won best actor in True Grit.

idk' date=' i never really enjoyed quite man

sand of iwo jima is good, but the flying tigers is my favorite john wayne WW2 movie[/quote']

If it weren't for the love interest in Flying Tigers, I'd agree with you. It's a close call between those two. Quiet man is one of my favorite movies, but it's not because of John Wayne, the supporting cast really sold that one. Ward Bond actually had to act in that movie.

Not a J.W. fan at all... (cant stand the guy)' date=' more of a Clint Eastwood fan... [/quote']

I'm the exact opposite. Unless Clint is acting next to an orangutan named Clyde, I want no part of it.

As for John Wayne, I'm tied between The Searchers and The Cowboys.

I must admit. I like 'The Green Berets'.

Political commentary aside for the sake of this thread. It is a classic hero driven war story. I like a good hero story.

I liked Green Berets too, but it doesn't make the top ten because I'm a huge Star Trek fan. I just couldn't see Sulu as a tough South Vietnamese Army tough guy.

i liked john wayne in that movie "The Longest Day" about D-Day...even though it wasnt a western and even though it had a pretty outstanding ensemble cast...(Sean Connery as a bag-pipe player for example)

i thought he was pretty badass!

when it comes to westerns the spaghetti variety are still my favorite by far...even more so than those with The Duke...sorry to say

Archived