Gibson Brands Forums

Oh Lord This Is The Generation That Will One Day Run Our Country

54 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

No one is going to blow up the planet ever. It would be the most ididotic thing to do ever. You think people in branches of the military in foreign countries are any different than ours? Nope. No one and I mean no sane person WANTS to die for their country.  I don't care how big of a bad a-ss you are or think you are, Death is final and we all know it.

Tell that to suicide bombers…

But, like I said, It’s only because there is a balance between the good & the evil that we haven’t.. Now we have ways to do it without destroying the Planet.. Pandemics.. Virologists are now working on Viruses 15-50% more powerful than Covid 19.. Yet it isn’t even an issue?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Larsongs said:

Tell that to suicide bombers…

But, like I said, It’s only because there is a balance between the good & the evil that we haven’t.. Now we have ways to do it without destroying the Planet.. Pandemics.. Virologists are now working on Viruses 15-50% more powerful than Covid 19.. Yet it isn’t even an issue?

That is not a SANE person.

2 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Not everyone is sane.. 

I can tell you floating around in the Persian Gulf during the War even though it went as it did made my A-hole pucker at times. And I can't imagine what guys in Vietnam, Korea or the  Big Ones  felt or saw.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I can tell you floating around in the Persian Gulf during the War even though it went as it did made my A-hole pucker at times. And I can't imagine what guys in Vietnam, Korea or the  Big Ones  felt or saw.

I know what I saw, felt & experienced in Vietnam… Tet ‘68…..

29 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

If I had to pick a favorite (I can listen to this track any day, never gets old): 

That is a good one. Super talented, and like many should have eased off of the drugs and we would have had more music from him. I only consider the first 3 studio albums and Band Of Gypsy's his only real output. The rest is milking it for cash. Hey I just found 24 seconds of Jimi playing no one has heard. Lets make an album with it and its got his name on it and people will buy it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, jvi said:

the cry of love is a great album even tho he may not have completed it before he ... went somewhere else....

How many came out after that? War Heroes (72), Loose Ends (74), Crash Landing (75), Midnight Lightning (75), and there is more. Greatest hits collection after greatest hits collection, live stuff from the vault no one heard and it goes on and on to make a buck of his name.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The main thing I dislike about Jimis music is the whole hippie aspect. Even though he was about as innovative as anyone could ever be, he stuck to the hippie fad so aggressively. 

I imagine if he could have maintained such a high level of creativity and innovation without aligning so strictly to a passing fad his music would have much stronger appeal once the hippie fad died. 

So with that said I think I would pick Band of Gypsys. Jimi feels most honest and real there. 

17 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

The main thing I dislike about Jimis music is the whole hippie aspect. Even though he was about as innovative as anyone could ever be, he stuck to the hippie fad so aggressively. 

I imagine if he could have maintained such a high level of creativity and innovation without aligning so strictly to a passing fad his music would have much stronger appeal once the hippie fad died. 

It was his bag, man.

18 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

"just love each other and everything gonna be alright, man!". 

~ a bunch of naive hippies who will go on to sh*t talk every generation that comes after them. 

and people  that **** talk peace and love are keeping us in this bs spinning wheel,....

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The flaw in that message is the ".....and everything gonna be alright, man!" part.    Accepting reality isn't sh*t talking peace and love.  

I know it aint gonna happen but I like to hope just a little now and again that it could... have a nice day 

I wish I had a nickel for every Beauty Contestant that asked her manager  "Why do I have to keep wishing for Whirled Peas?" 

There are a lot of 'Big Lies'  (the check's in the mail,  and that other one), but the biggest - is when people in power tell us we should believe in World Peace.    Give Peace a Chance, Imagine,  etc.  Opens the minds door to all sorts of other fabrications.  

On 2/1/2024 at 10:42 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Question are they independently wealthy or scum bag lawyers? If not good luck breaking into the political game. Being a failed reality show host is a sure shot to being POTUS. Going bankrupt a few time throughout life helps to, and if daddy is rich is really the best and most economical way.

Yeah, You want a real scary video? Find footage of the people at the rallies for the character you referenced above. 😱 

47 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I wish I had a nickel for every Beauty Contestant that asked her manager  "Why do I have to keep wishing for Whirled Peas?" 

There are a lot of 'Big Lies'  (the check's in the mail,  and that other one), but the biggest - is when people in power tell us we should believe in World Peace.    Give Peace a Chance, Imagine,  etc.  Opens the minds door to all sorts of other fabrications.  

another big lie is we couldnt  ever have peace and a healthy planet...

3 hours ago, saturn said:

Yeah, You want a real scary video? Find footage of the people at the rallies for the character you referenced above. 😱 

They are nut jobs. The state I live in, I can throw a stick and hit one. Wonder if I will see a flag praising him today on the way to the store later?

2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Agreed.  It's easy to accomplish that.  Just kill all the humans, problem solved.  

I think they tried with Covid. And when that didn't work, they tried with the vaccine.

Edited by gearbasher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

I think they tried with Covid. And when that didn't work, they tried with the vaccine.

Who is "they"?  Just curious.

rct

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

People in power. Billionaires and the politicians in their pockets.

Why are "they" trying to kill everyone with diseases and vaccines for those diseases?  

rct

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rct said:

Why are "they" trying to kill everyone with diseases and vaccines for those diseases?  

rct

Not trying to kill everyone. Only those they can't control. When the vaccine was being forced down our throats, were they requiring all the "Asylum Seekers" entering this country to get vaccinated? NO. Because, they have them under control by giving handouts. The ultimate wealth is power. The politicians think they have it, but they are just like the lemmings that vote for them. They are controlled by the uber-wealthy. Why do you think they want to do away with fossil fuels? Not to save the environment, but once everything is on the grid all you have to do is take control of the grid.  Easier than trying to control all the gas, oil, propane and coal companies. I have to stop, I hear the black helicopters.

• Like 1