Gibson Brands Forums

Should I be worried that the Music Zoo hasn't heard back from the Gibson CS regarding my M2M order?

The Music Zoo, a dealership near me, submitted my M2M order to the Gibson Custom Shop well over a year ago.

My M2M order is for a LP Custom in a metallic purple finish.

Last week, I asked for an update from the Music Zoo's sales rep.

The sales rep says he hasn't heard anything from their contacts over at the CS.

What should I do now?

I only had one interaction with MZ via reverb selling me a used guitar. I explicitly asked for them to ship me my guitar well packed and the like not like a jerk or anything while thanking them for all the help they gave me to make a deal with the guy who put the guitar on consignment. They also listed guitar in excellent condition when it was anything but… they lied about the condition of the guitar and when the guitar arrived the box had little to no packing - and a huge gaping hole in the box. So I will never do business with MZ again. Hopefully they aren’t blowing smoke up your tail pipe. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

"I know nothing ..."  about the M2M process or what their backlog may be.  If the only 'custom' thing about your order is the paint job - I'd say MZ has dropped the ball.  I'd  contact Gibson Customer Service by email, tell them your problem and that you're going to call  - give them a date and a time and number your'e going to call.   I don't know if you've made a payment, but that's a separate issue you need to work out with the head Zoo Keeper.  Unconscionable to have to have waited this long without a locked-in delivery date.  It's not a Lamborghini. 

Stuff takes a long time, especially with a backlog like Gibsons.

To have my Gibson Les Paul Custom neck fretboard replaced and a Les Paul Body built is gonna be four months (no painting or assembled).

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

"I know nothing ..."  about the M2M process or what their backlog may be.  If the only 'custom' thing about your order is the paint job - I'd say MZ has dropped the ball.  I'd  contact Gibson Customer Service by email, tell them your problem and that you're going to call  - give them a date and a time and number your'e going to call.   I don't know if you've made a payment, but that's a separate issue you need to work out with the head Zoo Keeper.  Unconscionable to have to have waited this long without a locked-in delivery date.  It's not a Lamborghini. 

In my past dealings with Gibson Customer Service, emails haven’t worked out well on a Request for Customer Service. Phoning them directly & speaking to a live person has. Then you have a Contact name & a Reference number which “will”help in your future Emails regarding whatever your issue may be.

I have past experience working with them Re; Warranty & Repair issues on 3 Guitars over the past 20 years. The work on all 3 Guitars was performed by Gibson at the Factory Repair & Restoration facility. I also had similar experience’s dealing with the CS. Although due to the astronomical cost I didn’t order the CS Guitar I enquired about. 

They have done excellent Work on my Guitars & have provided excellent Customer Service to me.

I usually buy from Sweetwater as they are the biggest, get the best Gear from Manufacturers because of their volume purchase power & they have outstanding Customer Service. They have always exceeded my expectations.

I don’t work for them or receive any compensation. I do recommend them though. You might give them a Call..

Edited by Larsongs

Cancel the order and get back any deposit you may have made.

If they don't care well then you did the right thing, they weren't working on it anyway.

If they do care then good, maybe they'll get it to you next week.

rct

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rct said:

Cancel the order and get back any deposit you may have made.

If they don't care well then you did the right thing, they weren't working on it anyway.

If they do care then good, maybe they'll get it to you next week.

rct

THIS ...

Over a year ago? WTF? Sad customer service. Slash would have been taken to the head of the line and given the red carpet treatment.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Over a year ago? WTF? Sad customer service. Slash would have been taken to the head of the line and given the red carpet treatment.

New slogan for Gibson.
    If it aint a 59.  You have to wait in line. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slimt said:

New slogan for Gibson.
    If it aint a 59.  You have to wait in line. 😁

Or

We don’t Slash prices, we only Slash signature models.

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Or

We don’t Slash prices, we only Slash signature models.

Yup.   Gibson found the Honey hole cashing in on clone 59s     And you can have a beater brand new 59 for more than a clean flawed New  example .  Go figure.  No different than the acoustics    

12 hours ago, Dave F said:

I’ve had three M2M. They all took 11 to 14 months. 

Well there ya go keep waiting. It’s being made right now. Cause it’s been over a year, which looks like that’s par for the course. Fake mojo is an extra charge. 

I played a TM reliced one. It sounded nice, but the neck was awful. The distress level was like running your hand over tacky stained furniture that hasn’t dryed.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, slimt said:

Yup.   Gibson found the Honey hole cashing in on clone 59s     And you can have a beater brand new 59 for more than a clean flawed New  example .  Go figure.  No different than the acoustics    

Yes Gibson And many other companies have found their niche. Good on them. You make Cesar richer, I won’t.

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

What's the relationship of Music Zoo to the Gibson special order?

Why wouldn't you just make the order directly with Gibson?

😐

You have to go through a store that sells Gibson guitars to place your order. You don’t contact Gibson about a M2M guitar. Its just how you have to do it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 6/13/2024 at 8:05 AM, fortyearspickn said:

The sales rep at MZ (Rick) promised me he would try to start hounding the people over at the CS. Hopefully, that means something.🤔

On 6/13/2024 at 8:28 AM, slimt said:

You have waited that long for a special color request?   Anything else on that request?       Did you pay in advance for the Guitar? 

My M2M order has the same specs as those on a LP Custom Black Beauty.

And I already paid a deposit of $1200.

On 6/13/2024 at 11:00 AM, slimt said:

It takes time.  Hopefully its the right shade of purple 

Gibson owners over at Reddit told me to be more patient. Some have waited up to 2 years for their M2M order to arrive.

This is my first time going going through a dealer for a M2M, so I hope this isn't a scam.

24 minutes ago, Jericho-79 said:

The sales rep at MZ (Rick) promised me he would try to start hounding the people over at the CS. Hopefully, that means something.🤔

My M2M order has the same specs as those on a LP Custom Black Beauty.

And I already paid a deposit of $1200.

Gibson owners over at Reddit told me to be more patient. Some have waited up to 2 years for their M2M order to arrive.

This is my first time going going through a dealer for a M2M, so I hope this isn't a scam.

Music zoo is a good place they have been around for years  and yes. I have heard of longer wait times than just a year.    Im in canada. We have seen those wait times.   That what I hooked up with a dealer state side for direct contact ,  

I wouldn’t worry about MZ being a scammer or anything like that. It’ll get there and it will probably be awesome. I will say that you guys who are out there buying those custom made guitars sure wait a damn long time for a guitar… it’s not just Gibson either. I am happy buying used gear haha! Let the original owner take the hit on the original price the way I look at it. Best gear I have is used. Oh well good luck with the M2M. Hope it’s great. 

OP guys.

Thank you for all your advice.

So I should NOT start looking at Reverb for what I'm looking for?

Someone at Reddit just showed me a Reverb listing for a LP Custom with a purple sparkle finish.🤭

But I should just have more patience and let the Music Zoo do their thing?