Gibson Brands Forums

how many guitars do you own?

callen3615

19 currently, out of maybe 50 I've owned over the years.

A few are collector pieces, rarely getting played.

Gretsch lap steel from 1959 for instance - I can't even play it but it makes some cool sounds....

:-)

12 string SG rarely gets played, same for my Custom Shop EDS-1275 double neck. I suck with 12 strings!

A couple old Peaveys, T-60 and a T-40 bass. A matched set, these models were the first guitars ever made by Peavey.

1960's Kustom K-200, sorta like a Rickenbacker. I don't play it much either.

Three electric accoustics - steel six, 14-fret nylon with piezos and the 12 has a magnetic soundhole pickup added.

Three electrics: SG style, 175 style and 335 style. A 50-year-old jazz box is apparently on permanent loan to a young friend. I have kinda mixed emotions on that one, but she's awfully cute even if she is young enough to be a granddaughter and is kinda just that, in a non-biological way. (I'm too young to have kids, myself - maybe when I grow up.) And she actually is trying to play it and I didn't play it much. So as long as her hubby and kid don't object to her pickin', what the heck.

I need a much better 335-style, though.

Haven't touched the banjo, banjolin, fiddle or mandolins in ages.

Five....I refuse to buy any more. It starts to get crazy after a while. You have to ask yourself...are these to play, or are these for show....to brag to my guitar friends "look what I have"

I must believe this-I must believe this-I must believe this!

Heh, heh,heh....

DB, people who come to my house have no idea how many guitars I own.

I rarely have more than 2 or 3 visible and few people even suspect I would own more.

I like it that way, stealthy.

My neighbor across the road plays, so he has an idea.

Another guy living closest to me knows I have a collection, but he's not a player and clueless as to what they are.

Few people actually know what my collection consists of or what it's worth.

The guys at my favorite guitar shop do - they've been here.

Same applies to my gun collection - my own father doesn't know what all I have...

:-)

Five....I refuse to buy any more. It starts to get crazy after a while. You have to ask yourself...are these to play' date=' or are these for show....to brag to my guitar friends "look what I have"

I must believe this-I must believe this-I must believe this![/quote']

WHo says you have to ask yourself that! thats not the case at all especially if your not the type to brag I put my guitars away few people other than the other sicko's on this forum have any idea how many guitars I own. I quit showing people my stable years ago when they started looking at me like I might need help. And just for the record all thos people that said guitars were not a good investment, guess they were wrong guitars seem to be as good as any other investments at least I still have something to show for it which is better than most can say.

Yeah Neo your right about guns being the same but for right now with the legal challenges and threats I don't own any firearms. Yep that's my story an I'm sticking to it... =P~

Nine for me. Five good ones listed below and four not worth mentioning. I actually play one of those not worth mentioning (a cheap Takamine acoustic) more than the other guitars though. Murph has influenced me enough to add one more to my collection of good ones.

Then you have no life.

Hmmm...

Wife, 2 young kids, own my home, good job, part-time job (just for fun), play in a band weekly...

I'd say I have a pretty good life. I don't drink, quit smoking 20 years ago, don't go out to bars (unless I'm playing), don't spend my money on old cars anymore, I don't have dirtbikes/snowmobiles or other expensive hobbies. I spend time with my family and spend my spare cash on guitars.

I coulda swore I responded to this already.

9 Guitar

3 Mandolins

3 Fender Strats

1 Gibson Nighthawk

1 Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II

1 Fender GDS-500se All Solid Wood Acoustic

1 Fender FR 50 Resonator with a Broken Neck &@%%@^!#

1 Ibanez V that need some lovin'!

1 Squier Standard Tele

1 Aida F-Style mandolin

1 Epiphone MM30e

1 Epiphone Mandobird IV