Gibson Brands Forums

nickleback

RichCI

I like a couple of their songs (the rockin' ones) but they remind me of Collective Soul - they dress like rockers but play mostly crappy ballads.

Wait, Collective Soul and nickelback are not the same band? Thanks for ruining my day!

Seriously, they are radio ready rock; sanitized for mass consumption. They are to music what McDonalds is to food.

I do not enjoy listening to them.

To me they are just another band with no new ideas and way too many hit songs.

I feel that bands like Nickelback are a sign. When a band whose music is as stale and commercialized as Nickelback's achieves global success it means that the mainstream genre's of music are nearing their end. It happens every decade or so and due to the nature of history and civilization, it will happen again.

Hopefully a new band or artist will emerge and will have new ideas or a new sound that will be able to creatively breathe air into the lungs of popular rock music. Otherwise it'll will just take its place with classical, jazz, and so many other types of music that become just a part of the past.

I would also like to say this is just my opinion, and it would not be an opinion if somebody didn't disagree with me or think I'm an idiot. I have no problem with people who like Nickelback, nor do I wish to fight with them on a forum about it.

I do not enjoy listening to them.

To me they are just another band with no new ideas and way too many hit songs.

I feel that bands like Nickelback are a sign. When a band whose music is as stale and commercialized as Nickelback's achieves global success it means that the mainstream genre's of music are nearing their end. It happens every decade or so and due to the nature of history and civilization' date=' it will happen again.

Hopefully a new band or artist will emerge and will have new ideas or a new sound that will be able to creatively breathe air into the lungs of popular rock music. Otherwise it'll will just take its place with classical, jazz, and so many other types of music that become just a part of the past.

I would also like to say this is just my opinion, and it would not be an opinion if somebody didn't disagree with me or think I'm an idiot. I have no problem with people who like Nickelback, nor do I wish to fight with them on a forum about it.[/quote']

Just for perspective, I never heard of them prior to this AM. Or, if I did, I've forgotten it...that's probably more likely. So, here's a band I've never heard of that you're saying is burned out, so to speak. I need to get out more. #-o

Formula Wanking' date=' Wanna be Bad Boy Rocker, Suburban Brats with like two good songs. I like Next Contestant.[/quote']

Not a fan I find them boring. But they aren't suburbanites. they're from a small(really small,) town a few hours from where I live. I think a couple might be farm brats too. it's kind of funny, because people expect you to get behind them, because they're from my neck of the woods, but I just can't force myself to enjoy them. I went to a concert a few years ago, the (now)ex liked them, she went with me to Buddy Guy (and loved it,) so she thought she was doing me a favor by getting those tickets, so i had to pretend I didn't hate every second of it.

Not a fan I find them boring. But they aren't suburbanites. they're from a small(really small' date=') town a few hours from where I live. I think a couple might be farm brats too. it's kind of funny, because people expect you to get behind them, because they're from my neck of the woods, but I just can't force myself to enjoy them. I went to a concert a few years ago, the (now)ex liked them, she went with me to Buddy Guy (and loved it,) so she thought she was doing me a favor by getting those tickets, so i had to pretend I didn't hate every second of it.[/quote']

Oh, I take that part back. I coulda swore I was watching one of those VH1 specials and it said he grew up in a Suburb of one of those Canadian Cities. I was only half paying attention and must have misunderstood what they were saying. Well, it was the formula part that I don't like anyway. My Girlfriend loves them, I don't get it. (And I didn't mean anything against folks from the Suburbs, unless they try to act like tough poor kids, like Vanilla Ice).

I won't lie, it's Guitar Envy. They are, IMO, very mediocre and they get to play Sturgis, have Billy Gibbons guest in a Video, and play with Santana (one of the most Mediocre duets Santana ever did). Same with John Mayer, He doesn't have the chops to play with Buddy Guy and Clapton, or sleep with Jennifer Aniston, and I'm downright envious.

Archived