Gibson Brands Forums

Good Songs with Bad Lyrics

FirstMeasure

A Horse With No Name by America. Decent song with a nice 70s easy listening acoustic feel. Too bad the lyrics revolve around a weak comparison of the desert to the ocean.

Not to mention the gem "Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain."

"The Beat Goes On/Switchin To Glide" by The Kings.

Great riffy song but.........WTF

Everybody gets the no-no

Hear it ringing in they ears

Lots of ways that you can go GO!

Look around NO disappears bwahahahahaha

What are some Good Songs with Bad Lyrics?

Sure it's subjective' date=' what ain't?[/i']

Hey...it was the '60s dude.

Here's the explanation for the song:

As someone who actually has spoken to Pete Brown, perhaps I can offer a couple of pieces of information. Firstly, Disraeli Gears is a corruption of "derailleur gears", which many of us had on our racing bikes in those days. Yes, Disraeli was a UK prime minister in the Victorian era, but the album name was just a play on words. And it did come from Mick the roadie. Secondly, S.W.L.A.B.R . stands for She Walks Like A Bearded Rainbow. According to Pete (who after all, was the lyricist), the song title came from an incident when flowers were delivered one day to his flat. Jack Bruce had ordered them for his then girlfriend, but hadn't specified the type of flower. When the bouquet arrived, the chemically-enhanced pair of songwriters were impressed. Pete was particularly taken by the way the long stems of the flowers swayed around. He told Jack that the flowers reminded him of the way girls walk. The flowers turned out to be Irises - a variety known as "Bearded Rainbow". The rest is in the song.

- Alan, LONDON, England

Pete Brown is the guy who wrote the song and Cream used it on their album.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1364

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Brown

Hey...it was the '60s dude.

Here's the explanation for the song:

As someone who actually has spoken to Pete Brown' date=' perhaps I can offer a couple of pieces of information. Firstly, Disraeli Gears is a corruption of "derailleur gears", which many of us had on our racing bikes in those days. Yes, Disraeli was a UK prime minister in the Victorian era, but the album name was just a play on words. And it did come from Mick the roadie. Secondly, S.W.L.A.B.R . stands for She Walks Like A Bearded Rainbow. According to Pete (who after all, was the lyricist), the song title came from an incident when flowers were delivered one day to his flat. Jack Bruce had ordered them for his then girlfriend, but hadn't specified the type of flower. When the bouquet arrived, the chemically-enhanced pair of songwriters were impressed. Pete was particularly taken by the way the long stems of the flowers swayed around. He told Jack that the flowers reminded him of the way girls walk. The flowers turned out to be Irises - a variety known as "Bearded Rainbow". The rest is in the song.

- Alan, LONDON, England[/i']

Pete Brown is the guy who wrote the song and Cream used it on their album.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1364

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Brown

I could tell it was about an Acid Trip and a Girl that goes back and forth between two men, and that it was all the rage at the time, but that doesn't help. Cryptic Lyrics can be cool and mysterious, but they can suck, too.

What are some Good Songs with Bad Lyrics?

Sure it's subjective' date=' what ain't?[/i']

I gotta say it! The *ultimate* good song with bad lyrics is "Stairway to Heaven."

Go ahead and flog me, if you must. I love Zep enough to ink them on my body, but I can't get behind that song.....

pretty much any Kiss song

After watching Family Jewels I'm convinced that KISS was looking to simply make money, with little interest in musical greatness. Therefore it is hard for me to think of them in the same vein as other serious musicians, except maybe the Monkeys. Not that I'm trying to insult the Monkeys. Would the Partridge Family be better?

if there is one song that i cannot stand anymore...partially cause of the lyrics...and partially because its on once an hour on my local classic rock station...

it would have to be "Lola" by the Kinks...no mas lola...no mas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta say it! The *ultimate* good song with bad lyrics is "Stairway to Heaven."

Go ahead and flog me' date=' if you must. I love Zep enough to ink them on my body, but I can't get behind that song.....[/quote']

I agree!! I'm a huge LZ fan but damn if those lyrics aren't stupid! LOL

Archived