Gibson Brands Forums

Hey YODA

Thundergod

I get every type of mail from gibson... and from epiphone.

From ESP and Fender too...

Also from TASCAM and Digi Design...

VOX? check

BOSS? check

Roland? check

And from now on, I expect to recieve mails from Jackson guiutars too =P~

What can I say... I live for the stuff GAS is made of :-

too bad they want you to post a video on youtube to win that guitar' date=' its a popularity contest of videos.[/quote']

Huh?

You have to have some medium or vehicle, why not something that is excessable as Youtube.

And of course it's a popularity contest.

The one with the most votes wins.

Not necessarily the "best".

too bad they want you to post a video on youtube to win that guitar' date=' its a popularity contest of videos.[/quote']

Isn't that "the business"?

Seriously... isn't one band more popular than another, as judged by folks who "voted" by purchasing recordings, concert tickets and band related merchandise?

Its not going to have anything to do with playing' date=' its going to be more of the sexiest video with a guitar included (IMO) although I could be wrong. All the power to ya though Yoda, post that video and lets get some voting going on.[/quote']

We could rally for her to ensure a win. +:-@/

I like the idea of winning a guitar, and I like the idea of a talent contest, but I have issues with the way Gibson is doing it! I agree it sounds more like a visual grope fest to me. They never state in the rules you need to be playing a guitar in the video. I want to submit, but I respectfully decline do to the sleezey way Gibson is doing it. Seems to me to be a "swimsuit" competition. Gibson seems to have become sleezey.

I like the idea of winning a guitar' date=' and I like the idea of a talent contest, but I have issues with the way Gibson is doing it! I agree it sounds more like a visual grope fest to me. They never state in the rules you need to be playing a guitar in the video. I want to submit, but I respectfully decline do to the sleezey way Gibson is doing it. Seems to me to be a "swimsuit" competition. Gibson seems to have become sleezey.[/quote']

Hmm, its good that you stand up for what you think and not give in just because you could win a guitar...

This states it all!

Sure, you may have your pride to lose but there's an SG at stake! So get wild and go crazy, be creative and go all out! The only rule: This is a girls-only contest. Not even the prettiest boy in the silkiest wig is going to make us change our minds about that. If you are a dude, you're welcome to encourage your wife, girlfriend, mom, grandma or any other female in your life to enter the contest, but ultimately she'll get the glory and the guitar.

I'm not a raging feminist, but really! I have to lose my pride? for a guitar, NO THANKS! I would sooner sellout and work at HOOTERS, at least I'd get tips! Gibson, BITE ME!

I get every type of mail from gibson... and from epiphone.

From ESP and Fender too...

Also from TASCAM and Digi Design...

VOX? check

BOSS? check

Roland? check

And from now on' date=' I expect to recieve mails from Jackson guiutars too =D>

What can I say... I live for the stuff GAS is made of :D[/quote']

Alright TG, give, what kind of Jackson? I have a thing for pointy guitars, when I'm not wailing away on my LP's.

Alright TG' date=' give, what kind of Jackson? I have a thing for pointy guitars, when I'm not wailing away on my LP's.[/quote']

All kinds...

I have owned some for a couple of years but used them for metal only (KE2 and RR2-3, and a cheap DKsomething with duncan designed pickups and hot rod flames) but recently bought a japanese dinky and am completely in love with her so I joined their mailing list so they'll send me all the news=p~

Yoda, I actually saw the video but didnt pay attention to any details... I only got "SG standard" and "win" so I thought you'd be interested. Too bad it's that kind of thing... you think Gibson is on the hunt for the new Jonas Sisters? :-&

Anyway, despite what you think of the contest and what you stand for, I think it wouldn't hurt to send a video, just send one that matches your morals and ideals: instead of sending a morronic girl in bikini video, post a kick-*** video of you rockin' that SG good...

Even if you don't win, you'll have showed them what a guitar contest should be about, and if you win, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did because of your playing and not of how many guys drolled over your bikini video, that and a brand new SG standard=p~

I say join and show them what a real kick-***, rockin', guitar playing gal is (they dont seem to know IMO, as the girl in that video is everything but that)

Ill copy paste part of your post, what I think are the rules.

Sure, you may have your pride to lose but there's an SG at stake!

WTF?

So get wild and go crazy, be creative and go all out!

You can do that with your guitar and your playing skills.

The only rule: This is a girls-only contest.

You are a girl.

If you are a dude, you're welcome to encourage your wife, girlfriend, mom, grandma or any other female in your life to enter the contest, but ultimately she'll get the glory and the guitar.

I don't have any guitar playing females in my life (not any that take it seriously) that's why I posted it here, of all places.

And WHEN you win I espect half of that guitar :-

Archived