Gibson Brands Forums

MF / Sweetwater

Murph

So I called MF Tuesday morning to order a 9 volt power supply, and a, buy 10/get 12 Ernie Ball 10-46 and they were having computer problems. I needed to go to work so the girl took my order, and cc # and said she'd process it when everything came back up.

When I got home I checked my email and didn't see any confirmation, tracking #, ect. So this morning (WED.) I called just to make sure it was shipped, I wanted the power supply for Fri/Sat night. Nope, never shipped, never processed, never charged the cc. I said no problem, it's Wed, you're in Kansas City, if you can "get it out today" I'll still get it Friday.

"No sir, we have a 24 hour hold on cc orders, it won't ship until Thursday."

Huh?

Remember gang, I bought an ES339, and a Studio Les Paul from these people last year, alongside I don't know how many smaller orders.

I remember some of you bragging about Sweetwater, so gave em' a call, they're in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the guy was super nice, took the small order, promised it would ship today, and that's that......

Oh yea, they have free freight.....

Thanks gang.....

Murph.

I think that Sweetwater and Mf are one and the same if you look at the corporate ownership. That is why MF charges me Indiana Sales tax on all of my orders' date=' because the have a store in Indiana, Sweetwater.[/quote']

That would surprise me after my morning conversation. I'll say no more....

I love Sweetwater and they're who I always go to first when it comes to "meat and potatoes" gear. Expect to receive your shipment promptly and find some candy in the box and probably a large catalog too. A few days after you receive your order, you'll get a phone call asking you if everything is good and you'll also get an email every once in a great while from your assigned sales rep. Sweetwater has the absolute best customer service I have ever run across from any type of company; the want your business and they're willing to go the extra mile to get it.

absolute best customer service I have ever run across from any type of company; the want your business and they're willing to go the extra mile to get it.

I can not agree more. I can spend 40 grand on a new car and not get this level of service. Buy a $5 capo from Sweetwater and they bend over backwards for you and ship it for free.

I've had the same thing happen when ordering stuff from MF. GC even charges sales tax on orders (unless you're lucky enough to live in a state where they don't have a store). Ordered a LP from GC and got 20% off for problems experienced with their sh!tty staff in their closest store to me. They made up for most of that with the tax. (didn't know they charged tax on orders at the time)

I'm glad I read this post..I'll be sure to give Sweetwater a try with my next upcoming order of stuff. I'd rather spend my money with someone that APPRECIATES my business!

Archived