Gibson Brands Forums

TWilson ....... the Forum's loss

Johnt

T Wilson Update November 22

Terry is back in the hospital with another infection. He may be there a couple of weeks per our discussions with staff there today. Initially it was hoped that he would be back to the Manor within a week' date=' but he remains quite weak and the infection is proving to be more stubborn than first envisioned. He still has 4 to 6 weeks of healing in his leg wound from that surgery site and then they will know how well rehab will restore his use of that leg. He still has issues with eating anything but pureed food and liquids due to the throat damage from the ventilator during his initial hospital challenge. That is the same challenge he has with talking with a strong voice. Best case scenario is that he has a 10-14 days in the hospital followed by 2-3 months at Corvallis Manor and then 2-4 weeks of physical rehab and then we see if he can live independently or not and if he can return to his 2nd floor apartment or needs to move to a ground floor one. OF course all of those estimates could be off by weeks or months--we just don't know for sure. The return to the hospital is not a good sign, but it isn't necessarily impending doom either. It's basically one day at a time. I would not send cards or gifts to the Corvallis Manor address because I'm not convinced how well they manage that end of their business. Send items to this address:

Terrry Wilson

c/o 908 NW Tyler

Corvallis, OR 97330

USA

One of Terry's friends receives the mail and takes it to him every other day or so.

Terry won't be on line anytime soon...probably several months after he gets out of the Manor. We are going to buy him an IPOD so he has lots of music to listen to...I understand at least one of you sent a CD to him. Once we locate it, we will load it onto his IPOD.

Best to all,

Rich[/quote']

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T Wilson Update November 22

I would not send cards or gifts to the Corvallis Manor address because I'm not convinced how well they manage that end of their business. Send items to this address:

Terrry Wilson

c/o 908 NW Tyler

Corvallis' date=' OR 97330

USA

One of Terry's friends receives the mail and takes it to him every other day or so.

Terry won't be on line anytime soon...probably several months after he gets out of the Manor. We are going to buy him an IPOD so he has lots of music to listen to...I understand at least one of you sent a CD to him. Once we locate it, we will load it onto his IPOD.

Best to all,

Rich[/quote']

Thanks for update Rich

There we go folks spare a prayer, a thought and maybe a stamp on a card to cheer up the old codge

I guess - if it's months rather than weeks' date=' we ought to stop bumping this thread.

Or not.

It would be good to think that when Terry can get back on line the thread was there to welcome him.

I'd like that in his shoes.

And who knows it may make a forum record outdoing "Bridgepins I have spent money on" etc etc.

So I think I will bump!

OK - I'll re-post that with the subtelties ironed out' date=' so that [i']EVERYBODY[/i] can understand.....

I guess - if it's months rather than weeks, we ought to stop bumping this thread.

...................................................Or not.

We're with you G u e s t, we're with you.

John' date=' Gearbasher's article is referring to a torch. I thought a flashlight was a light attached to one's hat so two hands are free for flashing related activities.

I'd imagine TW will be a shade disappointed that no-one appears to have taken the baton when it comes to taking the mick out of us.

Perhaps [i']we'll[/i] have to start on the colonials.

I've decided to make better use of my bump.

This is for the girl who lives (in the country) next-door. Maybe when Mr. Wilson gets back he can use it and lay off of my British friends for a bit.

29508d1256727347-minks-odie-et-al-canadian.jpg

ROFL! Oh trust me' date=' he's taken his shots at me too. He emailed me this one awhile back. This is just rubbing salt into a wound [biggrin

There's a MAJOR blizzard going on here right now, btw!

John' date=' Gearbasher's article is referring to a torch. I thought a flashlight was a light attached to one's hat so two hands are free for flashing related activities.

I'd imagine TW will be a shade disappointed that no-one appears to have taken the baton when it comes to taking the mick out of us.

Perhaps [i']we'll[/i] have to start on the colonials.

The repair manual for my Volvo was written in England. When it said "use a torch to inspect the inside of the fuel tank"...well, the repair manual for my new Ford was written in the U.S.

BTW: For the gents on the right side of the puddle. This article appeared in the news about a month ago: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/benny_hill_not_fit_for_stamp_jj69l0un2rHaoUz9SeKufK

What's going on? Politically correct? You're starting to sound like us Yanks. I'm starting to lose what little respect I have for you guys.

Archived