Gibson Brands Forums

I bought the Dove

Yip .. the 'white grate thing' is a central heating radiator

The Gretsch is a 1963 Chet Atkins (it wasn't re-named a Nashville until 1964 or so)

Yip .. the Gibson will have my undivided (and justified) attention for some time.

It is a superb guitar and I am delighted with it.

What a great 'noise' ..... I am even beginning to think that I can still actually play a guitar .....

My first song with it? hmmmm?? I think it might just have been a little Buddy Holly number 'Its all right' or it could have been The Beatles 'Things we said today' It's hard to say, because I rattled out song after song without a single pause for about an hour :- :- :)

IMG_0244B.jpg

It looks to me like they've changed the design of the Dove pickguard so it is in line with the HB and '200 guards, in as much as the design is sealed into the guard rather than pressed/printed on...can anyone confirm this? It's a long-needed upgrade, IMHO.

Wow! Beautiful guitar! Congrats! Opening the case on a new guitar is seriously addictive stuff.

That Gretsch is gorgeous too! :) =P~ =P~

Ummm.... is that a radiator next to those fine guitars??? Step away from the radiator!!! :D

Ummm.... is that a radiator next to those fine guitars??? Step away from the radiator!!! [-X

That was my first thought too. And I would imagine it's getting a bit on the coolish side this time of year in Northern Ireland, no? That pic reminds me of when Taylorplayer posts that picture of his LG-1 with a roaring fire in the background that makes me want to scream "hey, get that guitar away from the fire", although I know it's not really as close as it looks [-X Anyway, not to belabor the obvious too much, do find a bit less dry and warm spot for them before the heat comes on for the season. I'm sure you've thought of that already, so apologies, but wanted to mention it anyway.

And CONGRATULATIONS =P~ . Dove's are terrific guitars. May you enjoy it for many years to come.

Ummm.... is that a radiator next to those fine guitars??? Step away from the radiator!!!

hehehe

Firstly the radiator is not on at the moment .... won't be long though

Secondly the guitars are only set there for the photograph (only one of them stays out on the guitar stand .. the others are in their cases ) and it will sit much farther away from the heat, honestly [-o<

I am enjoying playing the Dove ..... what a great purchase =D> =D> =D>

What strings do you guys who already own one, recommend?

Archived