Gun advice

Thundergod

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah!

Never my intent to be scary....

And I grew up much the same as you.

under 70 deaths involving a gun in the last year.

In all of Great Britain?

Are you sure about that number?

And regardless of the weapon, how many criminal assaults in GB last year resulted in a death?

Enough of this bang bang pow pow shoot em up.

I simply love shooting.

I really dig Black Powder shooting. Nothing like firing off the ol' smoke pole and the smell of sulfer in the Morning.

I have built several of my own guns. Here is my latest pair. I even crafted the holsters. Leather is my hobby.

Oxblood01.jpg

Oxblood06.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

I am showing this to show off

A certain type of book cover..Hand tooled by yours truly!!

Sorry for derailing the thread

BibleCover02.jpg

BibleCover03.jpg

Another agree to disagree? I don't know' date=' but guns are something that I am pleased I don't have to handle and where I live they are non existent. Yes of course there are 'incidents,' but we are talking a population of c.61 million people; and under 70 deaths involving a gun in the last year.

[/quote']

You say tomato, I say...

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21902

Again. Sharp sticks and 16-ton weights.

Enough of this bang bang pow pow shoot em up.

I simply love shooting.

I really dig Black Powder shooting. Nothing like firing off the ol' smoke pole and the smell jof sulfer in the Morning.

I have built several of my own guns. Here is my latest pair. I even crafted the holsters. Leather is my hobby.

Schweeett!

Do you make guitar straps?

Sign me up!

I'll take 1 SG' date=' 1 LP, and one long one for the Jazz bass.[/quote']

Ha HA...

I am gonna have to perfect a prototype first and then come up with designs, but I am considering custom tooled guitar straps.

You probably ain't gonna like the price though.

I will keep you in mind when I am ready.

I wanna make a strap first off that looks like the first holster above....Deep red Reptile look.

It's just a pain to tool that design. But worth it I think.

Ha HA...

I am gonna have to perfect a prototype first and then come up with designs' date=' but I am considering custom tooled guitar straps.

You probably ain't gonna like the price though.

I will keep you in mind when I am ready.

I wanna make a strap first off that looks like the first holster above....Deep red Reptile look.

It's just a pain to tool that design. But worth it I think.[/quote']

Price?

Hah!

NeoConMan will cover my order with his proceeds from his half of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Drive on, and send him the bill.

Well... here's another...

You note a lifestyle not entirely unlike my own childhood.

But as one who has trained others in a number of defense skills, I'd suggest that any time anyone considers personal defense, it's best that one consider consequences.

I used to have the documentation on a late 19th Century ballerina attacked by a sailor on a ship bringing her from Italy. In those days those on stage were not considered, nor frequently came from upper classes. The lady kicked the sailor to death.

She survived because she felt her right well being was greater than that of one who would deprive her of her own.

Unfortunately most current martial arts training does not get into the real nitty gritty and teach most stuff as a sport rather than a matter of life and death - or even mentioning degrees of damage in circumstances of escalating levels of threat. That tends even to include much police and military hand to hand training, sad to say.

m

It's that real nitty-gritty that needs to be accounted for, in my opinion.

Doesn't matter what brings it (gun, feet, whatever.)

What matters is that one is willing to bring it.

That question hardly comes up when being sold a shotgun, .357, etc. at your local Walmart.

I, for one - I could do it. Under the right circumstance, at the right moment.

All of us (I think) need to declare that thought - if only to themselves - before wielding a lethal weapon.

Much less before buying one and "hiding" it under the corner of the bed.

I own firearms because;

I appreciate craftsmanship,

I enjoy target shooting,

I don't intend to be a victim.

I own weapons from the 1800's, some are family hand me downs that have been in our family for generations and that will not change.

Since 1957 I have been shooting, I have never threatened anyone with a firearm, I have a concealed carry permit which requires a FBI back ground check which I have passed since 1985. I understand that some of you live in countries that have banned firearms for various reasons. I live in the US, this is our part of our heritage. I respect your heritage and expect no less from you. :-s

I own firearms because;

I appreciate craftsmanship' date='

I enjoy target shooting,

I own weapons from the 1800's, some are family hand me downs that have been in our family for generations and that will not change.

Since 1957 I have been shooting, I have never threatened anyone with a firearm, I have a concealed carry permit which requires a FBI back ground check which I have passed since 1985. I understand that some of you live in countries that have banned firearms for various reasons. I live in the US, this is our part of our heritage. I respect your heritage and expect no less from you. :-s [/quote']

Good for you.

It seems like you've given it some serious thought.

I own firearms because;

I appreciate craftsmanship' date='

I enjoy target shooting,

Since 1957 I have been shooting, I have never threatened anyone with a firearm, I have a concealed carry permit which requires a FBI back ground check which I have passed since 1985. I understand that some of you live in countries that have banned firearms for various reasons. I live in the US, this is our part of our heritage. I respect your heritage and expect no less from you. :-s [/quote']

Well put fellow pistoleer!!!

We don't need guns.

The closest cop is usually at least 25 miles away and weighs something on the order of 275 lbs. That's too far away to be of any significant help in a crisis and too damn heavy to carry on my side. And I'm too old and beat up to get into an a$$ kicking contest with someone with mayhem on their mind where my family is concerned. But I will NOT capitulate. I will NOT sacrifice what security I am able to provide my family and loved ones.

You tell the wildlife we live among to be nice and not hurt us or our livestock cuz they don't need to do that. You tell the tweaker-trash up the road that they don't need to go out at night looking to rip honest people off so they can get more crank. You tell the as yet unknown assailant that killed the 55 year old woman and injured her mother up in Roseburg last Wednesday that he doesn't need to do that. And tell the women's family members they should feel lucky their loved ones didn't have a gun when they were murdered because they just didn't need one.

I'll decide for myself when I don't need something.

Archived