Gibson Brands Forums

post your pets!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have the off-site photo thingie to get one into the forum, but...

One cat currently; tail-less. It was found out along the highway by a tourist with a mangled tail, apparently the vet said from a coyote or feral dog. The spot where it was found was about 30 some miles between "towns" out here.

Anyway... It's kinda funny whether one has a dog or a cat. I did a poll on a "history and philosophy" forum I'm on that came up with about 50-50 dog and cat people. There was general agreement the cat-only pet owners were probably a bit less into major "buddy" relationships and the dog-only group was more into close group friendships. Those with both...??? <grin> I dunno.

m

Aw..... C'mon Karen...

The tourist saw the cat that had a mangled tail. <grin> That'll teach me just to slap out a quick note. <chuckle> The cat, needless to say, however, is named "bob."

BTW, I kept seeing decent used F150 4x4s this weekend here - was thinking about your project. Hope you found a good deal.

m

- cat-only pet owners were probably a bit less into major "buddy" relationships

- dog-only group was more into close group friendships.

I'm confuzzled now :)

Did it say anything about what the cat owners were more into and what the dog owners were less into?

@ Laney1566 : The bass is fine :-)) Neutering does the trick.

DJ

--

Here's my youngest dog, Snoop....we believe him to me an Australian Kelpie....like a good boob, he's more than a handful...

SnoopPark.jpg

Here's my older dog, Shorty...she's the opposite....she would be content to sleep all day every day....when not stalking prey:

ShortyandtheBeast2.jpg

Aaaand here they are together....best buds....

buds.jpg

Not understand what's a potential difference?

"- cat-only pet owners were probably a bit less into major "buddy" relationships

- dog-only group was more into close group friendships. "

.... I thought it was obvious: "major 'buddy' relationships."

Cats don't tend to run in packs; dogs do. "Group" friendships...

OTOH, it's hard to nail that down since I know some dog people who don't like other people and have just one dog. So... I dunno. Given my lifestyle, a dog or a horse both require more regular care than I have time for. A cat keeps bugs and mousies out of the housie and can be fed for several days at a time if necessary.

m

Me and the boys out on a little walk...

l_dd6ce98bca25432ba99673e818e53fc8.jpg

This is King

l_bcd719d31377437eb66d16af4d76d8bf.jpg

This is Sarge

l_5116bd668b7f4da8a807e4355af9305f.jpg

and finally' date=' this is Willie

[img']http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_b6e5470db08d4b3fa7a0b27978afb396.jpg[/img]

And King showing his ability to ham up a picture...... Thats me also in this picture

l_56934c74c2284e1695a709bb8e4cfa46.jpg

Get yourself a little red wagon and let em pull ya around.

Not understand what's a potential difference?

Yes' date=' I do. Still confused though, since the statements, "A has less of X" and "B has more of Y" doesn't relate A to B or Y, nor B to A or X. That may not have been the intention though :-)

.... I thought it was obvious: "major 'buddy' relationships."

Cats don't tend to run in packs; dogs do. "Group" friendships...

Less confused now. But the semantics haven't clicked - did you swap a less for a more? It's not terribly important though... just me liking to ponder logic as well as philosophy :-p

A cat keeps bugs and mousies out of the housie and can be fed for several days at a time if necessary.

That's an advantage in the areas of pest control and convenience, for sure. We do need a picture of your cat now :-))

Edit: Sorry for straying OT...

DJ

--

Archived