Gibson Brands Forums

post your pets!

These are my working dogs. Nothing free in this world.

100_0176.jpg

The Yellow Lab Meg on the Left is in charge of dishes and windows.

The German Shorthair Apache on the right dusting and the floors.

The Black Lab the new addition was just hired as the new boss.

CW

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Dr... your Schiller quote is cool... aber, "Es ist eine alte Geschichte," as my Heine might suggest. <chortle>

Anyway... I thought the metaphor and allusion might adequately have covered the logic of the situation. It wasn't intended to be a syllogism.

m

What??????????

I said: the statements' date=' "A has less of X"... no... I'll rephrase: the statements "Horses like carrots" and "Bears don't like mints" tell you nothing about the relationships between horses, bears, carrots and mints.

It's just having a bit of fun with logic and philosophy, since I take it that milod enjoys that too. As I said, not important. Nice doggies BTW!

Edit: Ooops, milod just got a post in there. That's cool milod, just joking around, as I see that you see :-)

DJ

--

• 5 months later...

I lost Chloe in my divorce. We found her roaming the streets. She had welts on her from being beat, and showed signs of starvation. We took her in to our place out in the country and she quickly healed up and became the best dog I ever had. I think she's owned by an elderly lady now.

chloesup-1.jpg

6 pets down to 5.

Smokei (a.k.a. Poopenmeyer Ross) female, 14 years old

PooBear.jpg

MojoJojo - male - Red Foot tortoise, 10-11 years old. Roughly 12" long and about 10 lbs. His indoor house is a kiddie pool. During the summer he stays outside in a little fenced in area (5'x5') w/ 2 shelters and a toad that visits him every year. It's kinda cute.

Picture194.jpg

Joseph (a.k.a. Chirp) - Chihuahua, male, 4 yrs old. Graci (died at 14/15 yrs old on 1/30/10) female, Chow/retriever.

Picture408.jpg

Henry - Male, Pug, 3 yrs old.

HURRRRR

henryshake.jpg

Finally, Moose (a.k.a. "Fatty Bjerg), male 5 yrs old 18 lbs.!

Picture262.jpg

All the a.k.a.'s are because I give them all pet names in addition to their actual names (except Smokei who belonged to my wife before I met her).

In the event of a divorce or separation I keep Mojo and Moose. I got Mojo after freshman yr of college in May 1999 and Moose can't stand to be more than 3' away from me.

Archived