Gibson Brands Forums

Attn! Teens!!!

AXE®

Lucky and Talented Kid with Some Money Behind Him

I think that's it.

A note to AXE : Cheer up. My message was pretty much tongue in cheek - I would have thought this is the flippant language you understand :D/

He sure is talented, but the songs are generic and the voice is grating. He ought to get a good singer. All IMNSHO of course.

DJ

--

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My cousin has as much talent mate. Been on TV 3 times including young stars in their eyes finalist as Cobain and had 3 CD's at 13. Hell he opened for us at 12. He is in talks with Roadrunner now the BASTARD!! Hahahahah.

Cummon dude' date=' this guy aint that special.[/quote']

Outta curiousity what band you in? Myspace page?

I think that's it.

A note to AXE : Cheer up. My message was pretty much tongue in cheek - I would have thought this is the flippant language you understand :D/

He sure is talented' date=' but the songs are generic and the voice is grating. He ought to get a good singer. All IMNSHO of course.

DJ

--[/quote']

I was KID' ing..

Anyone who knows who Nick is already knows the real story.

I don't really like it... I don't hear much there to get excited about, tbh.

If you want a real child prodigy, look at Derek Trucks. He's all grown up now, but he was also on tour from a very young age, and he's one of the best guitarists around now.

combine natural ability' date=' image, some money, some nice songs=what we have here

moral of the story, there is always somebody younger and better, who caught the break we are all looking for[/quote']

How aptly put jesse. Of course you understand it, you actually play.

combine natural ability' date=' image, some money, some nice songs=what we have here

moral of the story, there is always somebody younger and better, who caught the break we are all looking for[/quote']

How aptly put jesse. Of course you understand it' date=' you actually play.[/quote']

I would like to say I was in his shoes 2 years ago, but he is reaching alot more people then I was!

here is to catching that big break

[-o<

He's a Arizona kid and I used to see him hangin out at the Tempe GC rippin it up on guitars when he was 11 or 12 actually a good player and a nice kid not cocky and always wanting to learn any riff or anything he heard I don't think anyone was surprised to see him make it he did it the old fashioned way he earned it.

He's a Arizona kid and I used to see him hangin out at the Tempe GC rippin it up on guitars when he was 11 or 12 actually a good player and a nice kid not cocky and always wanting to learn any riff or anything he heard I don't think anyone was surprised to see him make it he did it the old fashioned way he earned it.

isnt it great to see good people achieve great things!

This just makes me think of all the other talented musicians who are hiding away in there bed rooms' date=' with amazing playability, and skill.

It's safe to say that there are a lot like him. Its just not everyone will get that big break.

[/quote']

+1, just take the time and google whatever 'song title' you like, and you'll come across at least 5 to 10 vids of amateur guitar players. 7 of 10 are mediocre quality but you'll be amazed to see that 2 or 3 guitar players are top performers, that'll probably stay in the shadow for ever...:-

All I was trying to say is if you work hard and play smart the younger players can go somewhere with their music.

I wasn't asking for a critique of his talent. Which I should have known better with this 'crowd'.

As for dues. He's been paying since he was eleven.

Some people just want to play guitar for themselves though....not everyone wants to "make it"....especially the way the industry is today....its not an easy job...or a fun one a lot of the time from what I can tell...

Some people are more than happy to be the bedroom/YouTube star....some people are just happy to play for themselves!

Archived