Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!

cookieman15061

Well 3rd times a charm. Went back to have another look and play this guitar I couldn't stop thinking about and bought her. It's a Studio Deluxe Vintage Sunburst and she's beautiful. I got there just in time as another guy came in right after me and wanted it bad but we were already ringing her up. I guess it was meant to be.

Here's some pics. Enjoy boys.

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but if you look at the edge of the guitar in the second set of pictures, the edge of the maple cap kinda looks like binding, is the rest of the body like that? That IS a nice looking guitar, what are those pickups, B-Bucker Zebras? When do we get to hear a clip? Is it heavy like the old Studios? I got a million questions...

Yeah thats one of the things that drew me to her besides the sound and feel. Love the subtle binding around the edge. Yeah its got the zebras and dual coil splits and a thin 60s neck. Running both singles coils in tandem gives it a tele sound. pretty versatile little guitar. Oh and weighs in at 9.5 lbs.

Thanks guys. Most of my guitars i mod. Some alot, some not so much but this ones stayin as is. She just feels right.

And to think 5 minutes later and she would have been sold to someone else. A guy came in right after me and had bought the cherry sunburst one the day before. He changed his mind and was coming back to exchange it for this one.

It didn't take me long to figure out why this dude was pacing around and staring at me. I even had the salesman who sold him the other one come over to me and asked if I was done trying it out and did I want him to hang it back up for me. LOL. Nope i said I'm buying this honey.

WOW!!! A most gorgeous axe, sir! As soon as I saw it I said "Oh.... I shouldn't have opened this..."

My wife just chuckled... she thinks it's gorgeous too. Nice score, and it looked like it had a nice low action.

I agree 100% on the '60s neck, too O:)

Archived