Gibson Brands Forums

You know whatmy friend pointed out that teenage girls that like music...

dem00n

around im taking a guess 65% of teenage girls just listen to bands such as (fall out boy, jonas bros) is because they think they are cute. My friend did a report in the local school news paper questioning around 20 girls and he asked why they liked this type of muisc and the ones that liked todays rock music most of them said because they were cute.

I mean like...wtf...

But im not saying all girls are like this mabye...25% are so mabye less im not sure but this is just stupid.

sad but true

personal experience, I knew this girl and I was playing an Alter Bridge song and she's like the song is okay, but what does the lead guitarist look like, so I pulled up a pic of Tremonti, and she's like I love this song now, and I was like why now, not before, and she said because he's so hot #-o

Personally, I don't think he's that hot and I still like the music, live and let live ](*,)

I know for a fact that at least some girls like music because they appreciate good musicians for musicianship and not looks. That being said, it doesn't hurt if the musician is good-looking! When I was young I loved loved loved music (still do) AND appreciated some good-looking guitarists. Pat Travers and Rick Derringer.... yeah!

around im taking a guess 65% of teenage girls just listen to bands such as (fall out boy' date=' jonas bros) is because they think they are cute. My friend did a report in the local school news paper questioning around 20 girls and he asked why they liked this type of muisc and the ones that liked todays rock music most of them said because they were cute.

I mean like...wtf...

But im not saying all girls are like this mabye...25% are so mabye less im not sure but this is just stupid.

[/quote']

huhhh?

buckethead1.jpg

just kidding fellas sorta not really

Girls like me because I play football and wear tight football pants

Girls like me because I play music and wear tight Denim Jean pants.

**Most girls (and I would say 98%) don't even notice what you are playing musically.

They notice:

If you are having fun

you interact with them (waving, smiling, pointing)

What you are wearing and how your overall figure and style.

Guys notice what you play because they wanna steal your licks.

Why do you think people go to a rush concert? To watch the way they play there instruments.

Why do you think people go to a kiss concert? To watch the way they perform on stage.

Its very seldom the other way around.

sad but true personal experience' date=' I knew this girl and I was playing an Alter Bridge song and she's like the song is okay, but what does the lead guitarist look like, so I pulled up a pic of Tremonti, and she's like I love this song now, and I was like why now, not before, and she said because he's so hot #-o

Personally, I don't think he's that hot and I still like the music, live and let live ](*,)

Like totally fershur.

sad but true personal experience' date=' I knew this girl and I was playing an Alter Bridge song and she's like the song is okay, but what does the lead guitarist look like, so I pulled up a pic of Tremonti, and she's like I love this song now, and I was like why now, not before, and she said because he's so hot =D>

[/quote']

I like Tremonti, but guy kinda looks more like a baseball player than a guitar player. I think it's funny though how, with Creed, he created a sound that turned into a standard by how mainstream rock would sound for a good ten years.

Girls like me because I play football and wear tight football pants

Girls like me because I play music and wear tight Denim Jean pants.

**Most girls (and I would say 98%) don't even notice what you are playing musically.

They notice:

If you are having fun

you interact with them (waving' date=' smiling, pointing)

What you are wearing and how your overall figure and style.

Guys notice what you play because they wanna steal your licks.

Why do you think people go to a rush concert? To watch the way they play there instruments.

Why do you think people go to a kiss concert? To watch the way they perform on stage.

[/quote']

hahaha, wow.

Demoon' date=' I was in High School in the 60's. The Girls liked the Beatles cause they were cute, The guys liked the Rolling Stones cause they rocked.

Trust Me nothing has changed.[/quote']

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same huh.

Girls will be girls...=D>/

The Beatles can give thanks that they were handsome fellas, or they wouldn't have had the initial impact they did.

C'mon, vanity is everywhere, even in the guitar buying world.... I so often read that dudes have no problem buying a $2000 guitar based only on the images they see on ebay, or some "for sale" thread on their favorite guitar forums.

So someone caught onto it

Trying to talk like the typical like girl who like doesn't like like music' date=' but like loves the artists cuz they are so cute

Irony? yes. Lame? yes.

[/quote']

LOL good save! jk haha

So does that mean my band will never make it because we aren't "hot"? BUT Some girls say guys are hot because they play guitar.....

LOL good save! jk haha

So does that mean my band will never make it because we aren't "hot"? BUT Some girls say guys are hot because they play guitar.....

yes, because i always talk like that, great job :-

I am most definitely not hot, whether I am playing guitar or not

Girls screamed over Sinatra, Elvis, The Beatles and hundreds of others because they liked their looks.

On the other hand The Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison and many others were not lady killers in the looks department.

It's just the way it is, and probably always has been.

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived