Gibson Brands Forums

The end of the world.

Thundergod

Ok, after R9's H1N1 thread I just had to make this poll...

When the world ends, how would you preffer it to go out? (and by "the world ends" I mean society)

I'm so tired of all those diseases that are supposed to kill everyone... crazy cows, chicken flu (or whatever it's called in english) and now H1N1...

I for one would like the world to end with lots of crazy people runing around with bloody mouths chasing other people to take a bite out of them :-

Of course, however it ends, I will survive and will go from town to town collecting guitars :-

Some pics to help you decide (in the same order as the options):

Slow idiotic zombies, easy to outrun and to defeat

20080926144328-zombies.jpg

Fast zombies, they'll run after you and won't be dispatched as easy... jumping into the water won't stop them either :-

28_days_later_xl_02--film-A.jpg

28weekslater460.jpg

Nuclear holocaust, good old fashioned (american:-") way to settle things up :-

atomic-blast-images.jpg

Stuppid disease that has everyone buying bottled water, wearing masks and wasting good chicken/duck/any bird

gripe-aviar.jpg

Hungry alien god comes to eat the planet (taken from marvel comics)

mua_galactus_1.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we humans are what is going to bring about the end of the world, we can't get along, we are trashing the place and we are already looking into space to see where else we can go.

Sounds like a we are kind of a pest doesn't it?

I say "other." Zombies are cool, but way overdone nowadays. Nukes been scaring us since the forties. Hungry alien gods with a craving for humanity is interesting but not quite out there enough.

I say that some kind of semi-intelligent parasite takes over and forces us all to give up pieces of ourselves to it so that it can survive. We could call it government . . .

Actually, what if a radioactive zombie alien god came down and started gobbling up all the musicians who are really posers? You know, the guys who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The ones who use their instruments like jewelry instead of something to express themselves and create music.

I just watched a couple of videos from bands who had a couple of posers. These guys weren't even playing! Just jumping around yelling.

I think we humans are what is going to bring about the end of the world' date=' we can't get along, we are trashing the place and we are already looking into space to see where else we can go.

Sounds like a we are kind of a pest doesn't it?[/quote']

Indeed we are... and sooner or later someone will take us out.

Actually' date=' what if a radioactive zombie alien god came down and started gobbling up all the musicians who are really posers? You know, the guys who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The ones who use their instruments like jewelry instead of something to express themselves and create music.

I just watched a couple of videos from bands who had a couple of posers. These guys weren't even playing! Just jumping around yelling.

[/quote']

I'd take a dozen fast zombies over one of those posers any day of the week :-k

Good thing Ants have very little Frontal Lobe or we'd be in big trouble. I guess that could be said of any animal.

Any way I think the end of the world will be caused by a whole bunch of Mayans in Space Craft. They'll be terribly displeased that we haven't come up with a weapon destructive enough to blow up the moon. We'll find out they left us here for Space Weapon Research & Development and we have 'till 2012 to come up with a way to blow up one planet from another, the moon being our test subject. The "Front Office" will call for an overhaul of the R&D department, resulting in our "Termination from The Project" with suggestions of opening another Dinosaur Park here instead.

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Robert Frost

====================

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot

...... Me? I dunno. Unless it's 2012... If I'm alive, I hope whatever it is, is quick.

Nobody mentioned, by the way, the Yellowstone caldera. If it blows and I knew of it instantly, I'd have at least time for coffee - perhaps more, perhaps not. So is that a "bang," or a "whimper?"

m

Indeed we are... and sooner or later someone will take us out.

Well, unfortunatley I'll not be there anymore to verify 'if' or 'not if' will take place...

But what is realistic to me is the fact that mankind destroys himself and that ants, or beetles are the only ones that adapted to the new environment, are protected against this new biotope.......................and ants will play your tele's:-"

Archived