Gibson Brands Forums

Ever listen to a band that scared you?

dem00n

For me it must be the band...obituary. This band was ****ing crazy, i was 12 when i first heard them. My god there lead singer sounded like he was getting stabed in the stomach everytime he sang. The funny thing is their first ablum is noted to be one of the heavy and dark metal ablums in the world and the guitar is in standard tuning. Proves you dont need to de tune in order to be heavy.

What about you. :-

Motorhead actually, I grew up during the dawn of all sorts of metal and a lot of the Tharsh, Black and Death Metal guys to name a few were scary but they would dress the part and pose for silly pictures with fake blood and bone crucifixes...Motorhead on the other hand...I was kind of affraid of their looks and their style altogether, it took me a while to get over it and never completely did.

When you compared the other guys trying to be bass *** and you could see their pearly white teeth in pictures and then compared to Lemmy's mmmmhh "meth-style teeth" you knew he is the real deal. He is a nice guy too.

Obituary LOL I remember listening to them a long time ago.

I remember the first time I listened to "cannibal corpse" (and saw a couple of album cover arts) I don't scare easily but foud that band disturbing [crying]

The first time I listened to cradle of filth I was a little disturbed too.

Obituary LOL I remember listening to them a long time ago.

I remember the first time I listened to "cannibal corpse" (and saw a couple of album cover arts) I don't scare easily but foud that band disturbing [crying]

The first time I listened to cradle of filth I was a little disturbed too.

Not that name...Cannibal corpse..the band that ruined death metal.

Thank to their ****ing ****** lyircs, genric guitar and tacky drumming every new death metal band wouldnt want to be "Brutal" and have stupid lyrics about bugs coming out of your ear.

Oh and neo i meant in the mainstream metal world.

I can't say I was scared, but back in the day there was one point where I and a lot of people with me thought that the Black Metal thing in Norway was getting a bit out of hand. The church burnings, Mayhem's singer blowing his head off with the band members taking pictures of the mess and those pictures then ending up as an album cover and the rumours of them making necklaces out of his skull fragments and eating parts of his brain, the murder of Euronymous and tons of other stuff kind of made you realise that these guys are not just playing around. As silly as they may look at times, they were truly messed up people. And while it didn't scare me as such, it was at the very least a bit disturbing, but also undeniably a part of what made it all so interesting as well.

I can't say I was scared' date=' but back in the day there was one point where I and a lot of people with me thought that the Black Metal thing in Norway was getting a bit out of hand. The church burnings, Mayhem's singer blowing his head off with the band members taking pictures of the mess and those pictures then ending up as an album cover and the rumours of them making necklaces out of his skull fragments and eating parts of his brain, the murder of Euronymous and tons of other stuff kind of made you realise that these guys are not just playing around. As silly as they may look at times, they were truly messed up people. And while it didn't scare me as such, it was at the very least a bit disturbing, but also undeniably a part of what made it all so interesting as well.[/quote']

A bit disturbing?

and we wonder why the worlds in a tailspin.

A band no, ...but when I was 6 my parents had these story tales on vinyl and one was talking about putting burning oil on the robbers who were hidden in oak barrels, ...that was scary!!! (Alibaba and the 40 thieves)...[angry]:-& :-&

Caused me a trauma until my 9...

Alibaba.jpg

I was a teenager, home alone, lying on the living room floor in my house with headphones on listening to Pink Floyd's Metal Album. The song "I'm Going to Cut You Into Little Pieces" came on and as I lay there totally blown away there comes a part in the song where it sounds like someone is pounding on your front door! I almost jumped out of my skin!!

Several times...

Black Sabbath - It was the tour right after Ozzy left and Ian Gillan(!!!) went on tour and sang with them. He was like a man possessed and Tony Iommi... well, he's just scary presence.

Slayer - Reign in Blood tour. They were so damned tight that night that it seemed bizarre. Usually there is moshing at these types of shows but not at this one; the audience seemed captivated.

Black Flag - Every time I saw them as it always felt like the place could explode.

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell tour at some club in NYC. Usually bands have a bunch of gorillas lined up in front of the stage to keep the audience from messing with them. Not Pantera. There must have been 20 audience members on the stage running around and stage diving during the entire show. I hung to the side of the room because it was just too out of control everywhere else. Total chaos and the craziest show I have ever been to.

I was a teenager' date=' home alone, lying on the living room floor in my house with headphones on listening to Pink Floyd's Metal Album. The song "I'm Going to Cut You Into Little Pieces" came on and as I lay there totally blown away there comes a part in the song where it sounds like someone is pounding on your front door! I almost jumped out of my skin!![/quote']

I know exactly what you mean Dave, from the LP "Meddle" the song "One of these days" ...[confused]

Any kind of death metal scares me because there'll always be a small segment of society that takes that stuff seriously and acts on it, like the Euronymous thing. I grew up listening to Black Sabbath, which was dark and gloomy, but I loved it. And I turned out okay. A few of my friends took it seriously and ended up with bad experiences, going down the wrong roads, so to speak. There will always be someone with a warp in their brain who will react to that stuff (death metal) the wrong way, and that's what scares me.

+1 Mike Patton is a weirdo but very awesome

Ya, Faith No Mores "Jizzlobber" used to make the hair on my arms stand on end. Still can. Listen to THAT one in the dark. I always swore the armies of hell would march out with that song playing.

BIG P.S. here...............I want to add U2's "Exit" here from Joshua Tree. That was another one that gave me the willies

Archived