Gibson Brands Forums

All Hail SLASH!!!!

slashadler

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey - knock it off, I'm an old person (let's just say I saw Hendrix when he first came to the UK and Cream's Farewell gig and James Patrick when he was a Yardbird with Beck) and I think Slash embodies all the Rock Guitarist stuff - he acts the part, he looks the part and he can play to the room in spades. He ain't just dug by you punks yah know.....

Slash is one of the best players' date=' he's got attitude, looks, and can play stuff that's not boring (even if he's basically playing the same). He's also an icon and known by more than one generation.

Just becasue he didn't become famous back in the 60s and 70s it doesn't mean he is not one of the greatest, he might very well be.

He can write some really good stuff, from slow and soft to fast, hard and heavy. The guy is one of the few players that can deliver for most styles and can just blend in when he is invited to play with anyone (and he's played with most of them in lots of different styles).

I too started playing electric thanks to him and for that I will be forever in debt to the man.

And I know this will piss some guys off, but it pisses me off to see some guys I respect are only willing to give "great guitarist" status to players they listened back in the day.[/quote']

You ain't nothing but a Slash whore. You are dead to me.

I remember the afternoon Charlie called me from the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, CA. At the time I was the A&E music reporter for Manning Media a small conglomerate of newspapers serving south Orange County.

"Californiaman, it's Charlie from the Coach House," he said. "Slash is playing the Coach House tonight. It's an unannounced gig and he's going to be here with some of his close friends. How would you like to come down and see the show? I've got a couple of tickets for you at will call."

That was during his "Blues Ball" days, when he was vacillating between leaving G-n-R and venturing out on his own. It was a good set, mostly classic rock songs he enjoyed playing. His keyboardist did the singing. This guy played a Hammond B-3 organ and had a voice to match those monstrous classic rock overtones.

Slash played several Les Paul and Mockingbird guitars and was really in a groove that night (the heroine must have done the job) he wasn't sloppy, but seemingly lost to the power of the muse.

Yeah... just a classic rock kind of night.

In my opinion' date=' Slash is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He inspired me to pick up the guitar and start jamming. His music has changed my life in so many ways. Slash can write everything from a hard rock/metal riff to a more calming riff like Don't Cry or Yesterdays. He is a ****ing Legend in my eyes. Thoughts??[/quote']

I didn't read all the replies. While I don't agree that Slash is the greatest guitarist who ever lived (he is great though), I think it's awesome that he inspired you to start playing. Some of my favorite players aren't technically great, but I love what they play and how they play it.

Almost everything I do on guitar I model off of Slash. Guns'n'Roses not my favorite band, Velvet Revolver not my favorite band, Slash not my favorite guitarist. Yet I still do this? When it's time to go to the studio to record a new track, I listen to Guns'n'Roses on loop. I do this because he has ultimate feel and balance of the instrument, he doesn't overplay anything, and was probably drunk when he recorded it.

I love slash. His attitude and attack is one of my biggest influences, he's also one of the coolest LP slingers ever. At his style he is the best IMO, he totally destroys mick mars, traccy guns and any of the new GnRs dudes. To compare him to Hendrix or Clapton is a bit far tho, but i'd like to see Hendrix write the sweet child solo... [cool]

Sorry man your wrong slash does it all not just classic rock. He da man!

There are a couple of guys here who just adore slash too - jesse' date=' oilpit, and dem00n I think.[/quote']

Me Too!!!

Slash Rules!!!!!

Come on Gibson, bring out an affordable Slash Sig and you can put my name down for one!

Slash forever!

Archived