Gibson Brands Forums

Thundergod's custom/signature telecaster.

Thundergod

You might have a legal issue with "Thundercaster". Maybe not just a one off, but your builder still might hesitate doing it. As for your name, that would be okay I guess, but I wouldn't like it.

I'd leave it his way.

Sounds like a cool axe though Thunder. Looking forward to seeing it, man.

Murph.

You might have a legal issue with "Thundercaster".

Is there a guitar with that name already? :-k[thumbup]

As for your name' date=' that would be okay I guess' date=' but I wouldn't like it.[/quote'']

Because of how it sounds or because it's some guy's name?

Sounds like a cool axe though Thunder. Looking forward to seeing it' date=' man.

Murph.[/quote']

Thanks Murph, means a lot coming from you... and I'm looking forward to play it! But, I know me... the minute I get her, I'll probably come here first and give you guys a first look at it!

(and maybe then I'll finally post a video)[biggrin]

Thundercaster and a Lightning bolt in the middle of the headstock... Thundercaster along the side of the headstock....

Good idea Dave, thanks, I think I'll have to go through as many drawings as posible and work them with the guy so he tells me what can be done and whatnot.

If I remember the pictures it had kind of a telecaster headstock, which would limit the amount of space so how about thundercaster with the lightning bolt as a slash between the word thunder and caster or use the lightning bolt across the top to cross the two T's?:-k

Since association with 'telecaster' is too big, I wouldn't go for 'Thundercaster'(although it sounds great). I'd rather differentiate my brand from Fender's by having a completely different font and lay out on the headstock...this would be an option for me: TG (with a link to ESP)

Thundercaster - great idea. Creates a vision - the headstock with pearl inlays raining down lightning strikes on the Thundercaster logo (Bold font befitting the time of Thor also in pearl). Midnight Blue metal flake body and headstock as background with optional storm cloud color(s) around the body for the burst effect. Lightning bolt fret inlays with Thor's hammer at the 12th fret. Custom made tuning keys - Thor's hammers. Naturally I would use an SG or LP body vs. the telecaster body as I am a proud Gibson **** - just to bring on the Thunder. BurstBucker PU's with custom covers again, with the lightning bolts engraved in the center - Black Chrome with Chrome lightning bolts. Grey Pearl tone and volume controls. Optional pick guard - clear.

Optional finish -

Black Pearl

Archived