Gibson Brands Forums

Which vocal sounds better for this song?

surfpup

Just like I said before' date=' second. Also keep in mind that the first vocals sound more "in front" than the second so there is a perceived slightly better mix on the second vocals from the get go.[/quote']

Thanks. I appreciate you voting. I realize I am sticking my neck out here (on purpose) by not saying who is who. Just kinda want to see how it turns out. Then I'll let my bass player know whether the masses think he or I should sing the song. [confused]

First vocal sounds great, but the second is just a bit better.

From all the songs you have shared, I can honestly state you guys rock. I can hear the confidence in the playing, this is what makes you guys a great power trio. I have always felt that a good power trio requires a strong bass, your bass player has the balls to get it done.

This is tough' date=' because I like the first guys voice but the second guys delivery, if that makes sense. [/quote']

It does make sense. Really each guy gets to sing a fair amount, and we can usually tell which voice will be best. Sometimes it comes down to range. Overall it's nice to have two different voices. On this song we can't seem to decide however.

The more I listen to it, it reminds me of Blackfoot doing ZZ Top [biggrin]

They both (singers) sound good. I kind of like the shared effect. Maybe you should keep it like that for this song. Like Bruce and Clapton taking turns on Sunshine of Your Love.

The more I listen to it' date=' it reminds me of Blackfoot doing ZZ Top [cool']

They both (singers) sound good. I kind of like the shared effect. Maybe you should keep it like that for this song. Like Bruce and Clapton taking turns on Sunshine of Your Love.

Cool. Blackfoot was a big deal around here. Charlie (Hargrett) is one of the nicest guys you could know. He still rips too!

I put the shared vocal as an option on the poll for just that reason. Though it isn't getting any votes yet.

The more I listen to it' date=' it reminds me of Blackfoot doing ZZ Top [cool']

The Band's The Weight had "shared" vocals, that worked well.. First voice brought old Fleetwood Mac (song callec Oh Well) to mind.. Second voice was "cleaner". Contrast between the 2 was kinda' like the difference between Tom Waits (dark/raspy) and Bruce Springsteen ("cleaner"--:- [blink]--) versions of Jersey Girl. Both very good just different.

If you guys can't make up your minds let your drummer do it.:- .

Archived