Gibson Brands Forums

post a picture of yourself!

S t e v e

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't Photobucket so...

My avatars have been variations of what I look like. The current one was playing at a benefit two years ago. I ain't changed much from then. Some have been from younger days.

As for Karen and Izzy... Both very beautiful ladies.

But then - seriously, I've always thought there was something special about lady musicians, especially guitar pickers. I'm not kidding at all. Mother Maybelle was old enough I think to be my grandma when I met her and she was utterly gorgeous from my age 20 perspective at the time.

I think it's the eyes, ladies...

But yeah, Hey Karen, it's not any warmer here, and I'm grinning. Or... I would be if I didn't feel guilty I should be writing photo captions on a set of basketball game photos. <grin>

m

It's nice to have 2 (or more) lovely ladies, in our midst, huh? More photos, ladies! Who wants to look at

our mugs, when we can gaze at your lovely faces!

Hang in there, Gilliangirl...maybe you could write some song lyrics, about what's going on, with you? Bonnie Raitt,

Joan Baez, Judy Collins, among many other's do just that. I'd be willing to bet, there's a lot in there...that wants,

or needs to come out?!

Izzy....you're lovely! If I were 40 years younger... :>)

CB

Cruzn... you're still disgustingly young looking. <chortle>

Ain't quite got the 3D topographical map where a face used t'be like I do.....

Yet.

BTW, Karen's absolutely beautiful but... I also noticed that so are her guitars. I hope my checking them out doesn't absolutely prove my antiquity.

m

heres some pics of me from my trip to europe this summer.... i went to kaiserslaughtern in germany to visit my aunt who lives there.... shes in the army and was stationed at ramstein air base (she moved back to the US in august).... then we went to london. [biggrin]

well anyway, everyone says i look like im 14 but im actually 16.... it must be because im short and i kinda have what people call a "baby face".... ;)

london:

5168_118736784017_717094017_2853307_7186524_n.jpg5168_118736759017_717094017_2853303_7108413_n.jpg

germany:

5168_118736834017_717094017_2853317_6369343_n.jpg5168_118736814017_717094017_2853313_5582598_n.jpg

(that last one is me with my aunt's dog, brandy :)

Cruzn... you're still disgustingly young looking. <chortle>

Ain't quite got the 3D topographical map where a face used t'be like I do.....

Yet.

BTW' date=' Karen's absolutely beautiful but... I also noticed that so are her guitars. I hope my checking them out doesn't absolutely prove my antiquity.

m

[/quote']

As long as you covered disgusting, I'm good. goodjob_sign.gif

Cruzn that is one serious looking helmet you have there brother! If I had one like that I'd wear it every day.

Compadre, my Dad gave me that flight helmet when I was about 10. He earned it, in spite of being a U.S. Army, Infantry officer. He was stationed at Luke AFB in AZ and during his assignment was required to do a lot of travelling between AFB's in the 5 western states. It wasn't long before he was given permission to receive some hands-on flight instruction. I don't know enough about aircraft to remember what the USAF was using for fighter/trainers at the time. F-100's maybe? Someone will know. Anyway, this guy who started out dirt-floor poor and went into the Army, was a POW at the end of WWII and stayed in the service, came home one day in '59 and tossed me that helmet, the one he'd been given during his training. He had a new one. LOL!

Glad you like it.

Archived