Gibson Brands Forums

Gear Section

Silenced Fred

Should there be a gear section to discuss amps, pedals, and general guitar gear? I think it would separate some of this from the Lounge, because sometimes I am looking for something gear related, but have to go through pages of random stuff. I am not against a Lounge, I just think something should be added for those who want to talk gear

Do it if you are cool [biggrin]

It appears the "Gear Section" constituency has a pretty good head start[cool] ... So if the voting continues on its current trend, where would we position such a forum????

Should it be a sub-forum of the lounge? Since all the primary forums (except the lounge) are for Gibson product. IMO this would be the most appropriate solution.

It appears the "Gear Section" constituency has a pretty good head start[cool] ... So if the voting continues on its current trend' date=' where would we position such a forum????

Should it be a sub-forum of the lounge? Since all the primary forums (except the lounge) are for Gibson product. IMO this would be the most appropriate solution.

[/quote']

That might offer us our best chance for success. I'm not sure Gibson will want to make a primary forum to discuss competitive equipment... it'd kinda be like starting a forum just to discuss other brands of guitars, imo.

Wasn't the lounge created just for that?

Yup. Mods were removing anything not specifically related to a particular board's topic. I recall subjects in the LP board titled things like "What would be the best distortion pedal to use with my LES PAUL?" and the like just in hopes of avoiding getting their threads removed. So, the Lounge is what they gave us.

yep, that is why we asked for the Lounge and then a few that will remain anonymous joined in to talk about social issues.

A gear page is a good idea but I am sure it will follow the way of the Lounge to some degree. I like the lounge the way it is personally.

A better idea would be to rename the Lounge to make it sound more gear related .

yep' date=' that is why we asked for the Lounge and then a few that will remain anonymous joined in to talk about social issues.

A gear page is a good idea but I am sure it will follow the way of the Lounge to some degree. I like the lounge the way it is personally.

A better idea would be to rename the Lounge to make it sound more gear related .[/quote']

See, I think the main problem before was that there was nowhere to "shoot the breeze", here it is, the LP section doesn't have much of that, and if someone wants to do that, they will go to the lounge, I think it will take some getting used to, but I think the gear section could be pretty useful if used properly

Archived