Gibson Brands Forums

winter storm

guitargreg1993

Hey, here in Chicago we got us a winter storm brewin.... its already snowed like 6 in and were supposed to get up to 14 more by tomorrow.... we got an early dismissal at 1 today cuz of the storm and a (possible) snow day tomorrow.... so im just enjoying being home and relaxing the rest of the day (and hopefully tomorrow too) [confused]

hows the winter everywhere else??

its been snowing for a week over here.

theres not much snow its only like an inch of snow but its causing car crashes, power cuts and all the schools are shut.

the irish are not used to snow :S

and weather reports are saying tonight is going to be the coldest night ever recorded or something like that

My company is having our Launch conference here in Toronto this week and people are heading home today and tomorrow. Many flights to Chicago were cancelled outright so we have several Chicagoans (is that what you are called?) stuck in Toronto...and we have no snow downtown. (just small piles on the curbs)

...hows the winter everywhere else??

We've had like 6 mornings of below freezing temps in a row. For the NE Florida coast that's cold. Now the local channel is actually forecasting snow for Saturday and Sunday. We'll see.

It snows here regularly but not all winter long. Plenty of clear weather in between snow storms as a rule. But we still maintain a minimum level of preparedness. When it DOES snow, the county gets out here last to clear roads...might be a few days to a week before some folks can get out. 4 X 4 time.

FirstSnow2008-10.jpg

Currently 71 degrees here in beautiful Santa Maria' date=' CA.

Warm and sunny with just the hint of a breeze.

Absolutely perfect.[/quote']

i hate you.

hahahaha jk [cool]

o so another bad thing about the cold weather.... when i got my lovepedal e-burst in the mail, i took it outta the box and the metal was SOOO cold that my tongue would stick to it if i tried to lick my new pedal for some reason... lol [omg]

....at least when you get something in the mail during winter, you can open it right away and it wont have to thaw for a few hrs before you can use it.... o funny story: my brother got a tshirt in the mail 2 days ago. he took his shirt off and tried the new one on. the next thing that was heard was a loud girl-ish scream, "THIS DAMN SHIRT IS F**KING FREEZING MY A$$ OFF!!!!"

LOL :-k

You lucky bastards....where I do live is at the moment -13 degrees Fahrenheits....at the northern part of the Finland (Lappland, where Santa lives) is at around -31 degrees Fahrenheits.A good winter weather for going to do the winter swimming on my home lake (of course there is hole into ice for that, and it is always kept open)

Archived