Gibson Brands Forums

Peacock Blue "Custom"?

GibSinCity

I've always wondered why you don't often see blue as a color option available for Gibson Les Paul Standards.

Appearantly it's so they can offer a "Custom Shop" version for $4000+...

What makes this a Custom?

Other than the price.

Nice color, but four grand?

`C-Mon!

http://www.musician.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Les-Paul-Standard-Peacock-Electric-Guitar?sku=423543

That's it. I'm not buying from gibson ever again until they offer a les paul standard in asorted blue finishes:

-Plain top blue.

-Plaintop blueburst.

-Flame blue burst.

-Blue-silver burst.

-Blue sparkle.

I'd gladly buy one of each [biggrin]

Don't forget the elusive Manhattan Blue!

I've always wondered why you don't often see blue as a color option available for Gibson Les Paul Standards.

Appearantly it's so they can offer a "Custom Shop" version for $4000+...

What makes this a Custom?

Other than the price.

Nice color' date=' but four grand?

`C-Mon!

http://www.musician.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Les-Paul-Standard-Peacock-Electric-Guitar?sku=423543[/quote']

Blue seems to come and go in the Les Paul lineup; of the Les Pauls I've owned, my favorite was the Prussian blue plus-top double-cut that I--unfortunately--had to sell last year:

Blue Plus-Top Les Paul Double-Cut (Guitar Center Only)

I like the GC-DC Les Paul guitar, because it is not chambered (like the new Standard is), and it still comes equipped with Burstbucker pickups.

cheers,

--Professor Chaos

Blue seems to come and go in the Les Paul lineup; of the Les Pauls I've owned' date=' my favorite was the Prussian blue plus-top double-cut that I--unfortunately--had to sell last year:

I like the GC-DC Les Paul guitar, because it is not chambered (like the new Standard is), and it still comes equipped with Burstbucker pickups.

cheers,

--Professor Chaos

Sorry you had to let it go. I remember the blue LP Standard Double Cutaways from MF/GC/etc. Very nicely done.

I have one in Ruby (only one I have seen in that color), and mine is chambered. It is an '07, and almost every USA LP that year was chambered (of course, there were some exceptions).

Blue seems to come and go in the Les Paul lineup; of the Les Pauls I've owned' date=' my favorite was the Prussian blue plus-top double-cut that I--unfortunately--had to sell last year:

cheers,

--Professor Chaos

Yeah, I remember seeing one of those.

Very nice.

I kind of like 'em. Anyone remember that Supreme' date=' Raptor used as his avatar. Anyone remember, Raptor? Anyone remem..... . Awl, never mind. Those are all good looking, "blues".[/quote']

I remember Raptor's blue beauty. I thought it was/is an LP Elegant, but I am not for sure.

Maybe someone around here will dig up a picture.

I remember Raptor's blue beauty. I thought it was/is an LP Elegant' date=' but I am not for sure.

Maybe someone around here will dig up a picture. [/quote']

It is a, Supreme. But either will do.

It is an LP Elegant.

For those of you that have not seen it, check out Raptor's pictures and description of the process:

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1471

[/quote

Raptor, referred to it repeatedly as a, Supreme on the original forum. Gibson deleted those original forum posts. You have his most recent description in a post on these newer forums. You win then. By the way, I was not disputing you; I was repeating Raptor's past words and tried using a little tact in doing so.

edit: forum not working quite right on quotes

Well' date=' these are not Peacock, but for all you blue LP lovers out there:

'07 Goddess - Sky Burst

[img']http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/3666192777_004234f17d.jpg[/img]

'07 Classic - Sapphire

2253134931_e2b291c81e.jpg

2254890631_43f4324bec.jpg

'08 Custom - blue-silver burst

3089064140_56fb4abd96.jpg

Sweet-lookin' blue axes.

I like that Sapphire.

Maybe they should offer that metallic paint style in at least a few basic color choices as an additional option for those models that offer Ebony or Gold-top, as another choice on a plus-top, like the Standard does.

Maybe they'd sell a few more of those if it was a permanent option.

Wow! That sparkled Custom is very "Show-Biz".

Archived