Gibson Brands Forums

New Member Here :)

sharon mk

I used to use this forum 6 years ago and then for some reason I forgot all about it....

just reviewed some topics and there are some great comments and nice people here.so, Gibson Forum is back in my Bookmarks .

and here's a secret - I'm the guy who posted that video on youtube of

Martin HD28 vs Gibson j-45 [lol]

youtube link

welcome back sharon mk -

thanks for making that video. I've watched it quite a few times [biggrin]

oddly enough, before I even saw your video I was sitting in my front room

making the same comparison with my J-45TV and my 2004 HD-28V.

to me the J-45 is the sound I'd been looking for all my life and didn't know it.

yep, the Martin is long gone. :- thanks for reaffirming my decision!

your playing is excellent too!

welcome back sharon mk -

thanks for making that video. I've watched it quite a few times [confused]

oddly enough' date=' before I even saw your video I was sitting in my front room

making the same comparison with my J-45TV and my 2004 HD-28V.

to me the J-45 is the sound I'd been looking for all my life and didn't know it.

yep, the Martin is long gone. [confused thanks for reaffirming my decision!

your playing is excellent too!

thanks man [confused]

I too have checked out your music videos. Your playing is great, very enjoyable to listen to (regardless of the guitar involved).

You're obviously a big fan of Mark Knopfler. I'm looking forward to seeing him next month myself.

All the best,

Guth

MK .. Sorry I'm so late chiming in here. I've been busy playing my BREEDLOVE (just joking.. calm down people!).

Anyway, welcome back to the forum.. and I, too, have seen your YouTube video before. It truly is a small world, huh?

What style of acoustic stuff are you into?

indeed a small world. but 130000 views mostly from USA . I guess every player in the nation seen this crappy video [cool]

I'm into folk blues and fingerpicking stuff

So which groups or individuals do you follow? You say you are into folk blues and fingerpicking stuff-would that be a form of "Travis pickin" or something else?

So which groups or individuals do you follow? You say you are into folk blues and fingerpicking stuff-would that be a form of "Travis pickin" or something else?

Well... my favorite is Mark Knopfler. I do play lots of Atkins ,Travis, Reed stuff and lately some Woody Mann .

I adore!! Paul Simon and his Guitar playing. only the guitar of Paul Simon can send shivers down my spine - cant really explain.

and also:

Tom Waits

The Band

The Eagles and Poco

country legends like cash Jennings and Nelson

and many more

Hey I know you! I've even posted some of your videos here!

Welcome back to the forum!

p.s. your videos are great, great, great. I play some of them over and over again. I especially love Mrs. Robinson bluegrass-style and Border Reiver. (Riever?)

Archived