Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa or Gary Moore

djroge1

gary all day' date=' joe ain't even worthy of changing garys strings...[/quote']

Au Contraire.....

So, what you're saying is that you've never seen Joe live onstage?

I have.

I wouldn't want to be in the band who has to follow him after he leaves the stage....

gary all day' date=' joe ain't even worthy of changing garys strings...[cool] [/quote']

That's funny 'cause I was thinking something similar to gary... something like he's not worthy to pop the pimples off of joe's butt. [angry]

Yeah, I had to go with Joe too.

As great as GM is, he lacks some subtlety IMO. He's a little too over-the-top for me. Plus, as great as the playing on Still Got The Blues (both the song and entire album) is, most of the songs sound kind of generic to me [crying]

Au Contraire.....

So' date=' what you're saying is that you've never seen Joe live onstage?

I have.

I wouldn't want to be in the band who has to follow him after he leaves the stage....

[/quote']

But...he has keyboards on stage [crying]

Au Contraire.....

So' date=' what you're saying is that you've never seen Joe live onstage?

I have.

[/quote']

I've said this before and it bares repeating.

A couple of years ago I saw Joe at the Galaxy Theater in Santa Ana, CA. Robben Ford was the headliner. I told my buddy, "Robben Ford has to follow that?"

JB is quite the gifted musician. He's paid his dues to get to where he is. He's respected by his peers in the music industry and probably America's hardest working guitarist.

I'll put my money on Joe.

gary all day' date=' joe ain't even worthy of changing garys strings...:-k [/quote']

I couldn't get through 30 seconds of Moores' clip. That horrific overdriven neck pickup sound is unbearable.

Joe has that magical it.

It is a real shame that john mayer gets all the pub. Joe is 'THE' and maybe even 'the only' monster player of his generation.

+10000000000000

Bonamassa is such a better player. I never really got into Gary Moore, but I do like his sig Les Paul...

I don't know what it is, but Bona's just never appealed to me as a guitar player. I like a couple songs on his album Ballad of John Henry, but I like them as performances and not guitar-wise. There's something about his playing that just doesn't strike me. I can't explain it.

Literally every solo I've ever heard from the guy I just go, "well, that's neat I guess." It just seems like flash and no real heart, and it's not even the speed, I normally don't have a problem with that. He's a good technical player (though I'm not sure what that even means), but to me it's like he's not doing anything musically.

Edit: Also, one of my problems with him is that he goes too crazy with his soloing. Like, he doesn't know where to stop and leave you wanting more, he just keeps hammering away. Which is why I'm glad he's in a band now, hopefully it'll muzzle him, force him to think and put some musicianship into his soloing.

Archived