daveinspain

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No' date=' it's your turn.

By all means, clarify...

[cool

grampa wrote:

Do you realize you just pretty much supported what many haters of Fox are saying.

NeoConMan replied:

No.

Explain.

With facts.

Sure. You said the story to your knowledge was not reported by anyone other than Fox. The implication is that because you don't know otherwise, only Fox gives us the REAL news. The kind of self-righteousness is what many Fox haters don't like about Fox. You actually engaged in sloppy journalism. Check facts.

Ah' date=' here we go.

The knee-jerk stuff begins, so let's apply a little more spin to it.....

Here, I'll whip out my secret Liberal-slaying weapons - facts and logic.

[/quote']

When are we going to see the facts and logic?

Typical Liberal move - STFU so nobody can further examine your words.

I extended you the courtesy of reminding you it was your turn, and we see accusations and spin.

I call it Semantics Leapfrog - leaping from one phrase to an "obvious" conclusion....

... what many Fox haters don't like about Fox.

So' date=' would you consider yourself a Fox hater?

Or is it the people you are surrounded by in your own little universe on the Bay?

Funny where the hate lies, eh?

:-)

I don't "hate" any of those outlets.

I actually enjoy Huffington, MoveOn, etc.

To easily discredit them brings me more pleasure than you know.

... and I can do it without twisting quotes and playing Semantic Leapfrog.

That kind of self-righteousness comes from being RIGHT.

#-o/

Slate, Onion, Drudge, Breitbart, Green Footballs, Newsmax and others get their fair share of surfing time too.

As a side note, I just heard Limbaugh (my hero - God bless 'im) airing a segment from CNBC.

They were doing a piece on the mine explosion in West Virginia, skipping past that tired old human impact stuff.

Seems Massey Energy has contributed heavily to Republican political candidates.

The segment was two minutes of accusatory flaming and baiting with no mention of rescue or families.

ALL of it was political, and ALL of it designed to piss people off that a Republican is in office anywhere.

I searched the site, I can't find a clip.

If it pops up, I guaran-fxcking-tee you I will post it.

Absolutely disgusting.

Find ANYTHING on your much-hated (but ratings-dominating) Fox News that compares.

[i']Please, oh please, oh please....[/i]

:)

It bewilders me that so many would say Fox. There has never in this country been such a agenda driven news entity such as Fox. CNN is one that for the most part asks the tough questions of both sides of a story with out leaning to one side. But Fox is nothing more than lies and misinformation.

It bewilders me that so many would say Fox. There has never in this country been such a agenda driven news entity such as Fox. CNN is one that for the most part asks the tough questions of both sides of a story with out leaning to one side. But Fox is nothing more than lies and misinformation.

Got that right........There are several websites dedicated to fact checking and exposing the misinformation.

And Neo they back it up with facts that are documented, but most rabid fox viewers are immune to real information

that contradicts theor views and that of the right wing talking points and propaganda.

So' date=' would you consider yourself a Fox hater?

Or is it the people you are surrounded by in your own little universe on the Bay?

Funny where the hate lies, eh?

I don't "hate" any of those outlets.

I actually enjoy Huffington, MoveOn, etc.

To easily discredit them brings me more pleasure than you know.

... and I can do it without twisting quotes and playing Semantic Leapfrog.

That kind of self-righteousness comes from being RIGHT.

[biggrin']/

[i

I don't "hate" Fox News but there seems to be quite a few people on this forum who do. I'm too old to waste energy hating.

...and Mick, Blackie,

I would say that you are wrong 100% and your perception is squarely 180 degrees out of synch.

I keep hearing all this "fact-checking" bullsh!t but I never see any evidence of it.

Who TOLD you about the supposed fact-checking?

But you're you, and I'm me.

There it is.

And if you're trying, trying, trying to get me to "admit" Fox has an agenda - I NEVER FxCKING SAID THEY DON'T.

Still I watch them ALL, and still I maintain that NONE of you "Fox Haters" do.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Everytime I see how Fox crushes the others in the ratings, I'm amazed the others are still on the air at all.

Seems we've come full circle to the 1970's.

Back then, TV "ratings" were not even considered for the three evening network news broadcasts.

They took in revenue from ads, but the 22 minute shows were aired regardless as a public service to the nation.

By the eighties, the networks were losing viewers to cable and started getting stupid.

Competition and ratings drove profitability at the networks, and they started to call their morning bullsh!t news.

Today, Good Morning America, those shows are news?

I don't fxcking think so...

Now that Fox is killing them ALL (sometimes they have more viewers than all other cable news shows combined)

there seems to be this renewed "public service" aspect to it all over again.

MSDNC has sh!t for viewers, so they are cashing in on hype and sensationalism.

Their most controversial stories get viewed everywhere else on the web more than they are actually watched.

And the greatest irony?

When they are shown on Fox to illustrate how twisted they are, they get millions more viewers!

I'm not making that up.

So, forget all the other bullsh!t above and tell me this;

Why are MSNBC and CNBC still on the air?

They're losing money worse than Air America, but they are still on the air.

Is it to tell the truth?

Get outta here....

It bewilders me that so many would say Fox.

Kinda like the Silent Majority of Christians in the nation too' date=' eh?

[biggrin']/

Obama says we're not a Christian nation.

Problem is, he didn't ask any of the Christians first now did he?

Those Fox-watching, gun-owning, heterosexual Christians are still out there en masse.

Two of 'em live in the NeoCon Compound.

As my signature line used to say - GET MAD!!

You guys continue on without me, I gotta grab my keys, wallet, phone and gun for a ride on my motorcycle.

The US is not a chistian Nation and never has been

And I am not wrong about anything I have said, and need not waste any time trying to prove anything to

those who are irrational using half baked logic.

Neo, FOX has the highest ratings because they are really the only legitimate conservative voice on TV. And in this world spinning off of its axis to the left, there sure are a lot of right wingers watching FOX "news." About half of the voters in this nation are republican and will not change regardless of the "facts." About half of this nation are democrat and will not change regardless of the "facts." It's those in the center that most affect elections, who are the most open-minded, and can be swayed. The more we rant and try to change each other, the firmer we stand. God bless the center- they are the ones who hold all the cards.

With the advent of wide spread cable TV, ratings are no longer the deciding factor they once were. You don't have to have big ratings to be able to stay on the air. When there were only 3 in the running, the ratings mattered much more.

There ya go Blackie said it so it must be true. No chistians here.

The United States is founded on respect for all relgions with none in control of the government.

The founding Fathers of the US made it very clear that the majority christian beliefs of the US could not

dominate and persecute other beliefs. This is what America is all about.

So while the majority of people in the US may identify as christian we are not a Theocracy

and whatever I choose to believe or not has the same weight as any other faith.

This is also one of the reasons we fought for our independence from the British.

With the advent of wide spread cable TV' date=' ratings are no longer the deciding factor they once were. You don't have to have big ratings to be able to stay on the air. When there were only 3 in the running, the ratings mattered much more.[/quote']

This is true.......FOX radio clowns really only have about 3 million listeners.........thats 3% of our population

not much of a factor when it comes to voting.

I don't know, I think all these adults are responsible for their own actions. It's not like he was Chumming for Fish, he was trying to get reactions out of Humans. Humans should be able to look at an Obviously Inflammatory Thread (thinly veiled as it is) and let it fall to the bottom of the page. But no, it's a big chance to Chesty on the Internet, and sling the over practiced insults of Political Division and Derision.

Stow it!!!!!

Ok... I watch Fox because it's entertaining... They say they are fair and balanced but anyone with half a brain can tell that they are way to the right. I also get news from other sources like the web and other news stations... I watch Spanish news to find out whats going on locally and to see what is not being reported in the states.... Don't forget I am from Boston and I still have all my family there so I like to know whats going on in the world.

I actually started the poll to see who was watching what, not to start a political thread... It's not surprising it's turning out that way though... Lets keep it civil and interesting so it doesn't get nuked or locked...

Interesting observation... getting close to 700 hits on this thread but only just over 30 people have voted in the poll....[lol] No body will know which news channel or news source you use to keep informed unless you tell in a post after you vote... It would be interesting to see where the percentages go if everyone votes...

...and Mick' date=' Blackie,

I would say that you are wrong 100% and your perception is squarely 180 degrees out of synch.

[/quote']

With yours yes but wrong no way.[lol] But I said my opinion and it's not debatable and I'm not here to argue about it ether.

Hope you have a good ride.

In all honesty, the news has been entertainment since about the early to mid 70's. A platform for the high profile with an opinion, or how to slant the news for their agenda. A real shame. Long live Uncle Walter.

Archived