Gibson Brands Forums

Dream geetar

mooboo

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy sitting down with my CL and just letting the chords ring... but there is always a guitar that makes me wish my parents raised me rich. What acoustic do you all wish you could grasp but it is just slightly out of your reach?

Mine is definitely a J-165 EC with the pick guard of a Songwriter Deluxe. Wish I had the dough...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-J165-EC-Maple-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=580340

For me its not just one. Gimme a lot of money and I'll buy 5 0r 10 very good instruments and pass on the bling and the over priced gourmet luthiers stuff in favor of a bunch of tools.

My Gibby J-185TV

A real nice Martin- D-18v maybe for that hog dread sound

My Gibson L-00

A Guild- F-40 maybe, a jumbo in mahogany

Rosewood OM- or a Gibson Songwriter- something real nice, mid size, fill the rosewood hole in the lineup

An f hole A body mandolin to got with my oval holes- I need that f hole punch.

That'll do it for now

As long as we're wishing......

piratesguitarcrop.jpg

Ren's Black Pearl now were talking!

That IS one fine instrument. Truly a museum piece.

The bridge alone is unbelievable and the heel wow!

wish I could find more pics of that....

Here's a link to a little info on Depp's Black Pearl Guitar made by Ren (scroll down a bit)-

http://mysite.verizon.net/madscntst/Guitars2.html

I always wanted a SJ-200, and I finally got one a ways back. Now for dreaming - I'd like to get her a campanion:

A SJ-200 Rosewood Custom [biggrin]

621144.jpg

To go with my SusieQ - my spruce and maple beauty -

09GibsonSJ200frontsm.jpg

I always wanted a SJ-200' date=' and I finally got one a ways back. Now for dreaming - I'd like to get her a campanion:

A SJ-200 Rosewood Custom[/quote']

Hey BK! What's the difference between the SJ-200 Rosewood Custom and the SJ-300? Oh yea, my dream guitar- That 1976 Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty" that I bought new and then sold a few years later. [biggrin]

Hey BK! What's the difference between the SJ-200 Rosewood Custom and the SJ-300? Oh yea' date=' my dream guitar ...[/quote']

Welp, after I caught your note, I looked around, and there doesn't seem to be much different except about $1800. The Custom 200 has abalone inlay set next to the binding and the 300 doesn't. I've seen a couple of pics of the 300 with a stinger and a Custom Shop decal on the back, but that was for a maple, not rosewood - and though that paraticular specimen was listed as a 300, the inside label says SJ-200 Elite. Curious. Also, I think the 300 in currently not in production.

... That 1976 Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty" that I bought new and then sold a few years later.

Oh man! I did that a couple times years ago and learned the hard way. Now I'm very reluctant to sell off anything without a cooling off period and a lot of thinking.

For me its not just one. Gimme a lot of money and I'll buy 5 0r 10 very good instruments and pass on the bling and the over priced gourmet luthiers stuff in favor of a bunch of tools.

My Gibby J-185TV

A real nice Martin- D-18v maybe for that hog dread sound

My Gibson L-00

A Guild- F-40 maybe' date=' a jumbo in mahogany

Rosewood OM- or a Gibson Songwriter- something real nice, mid size, fill the rosewood hole in the lineup

An f hole A body mandolin to got with my oval holes- I need that f hole punch.

That'll do it for now

[/quote']

Oh sure, there's always one guy who turns the 'one guitar dream' into a half dozen.

Thanks for that! [crying]

Here's my list:

late 50's or late 60's J-50

Collings D2HA

SJ-200 rosewood.... whoa that sounds nice

or CJ-165 rw

or SWD (no cutaway)

(I've edited this post 3 times)

or a J-45rw with a smaller nut width than standard, and more bling, yeah, that's it

I'm currently really pining for a Dove. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a stock Dove.

I was in my local guitar emporium playing the exceptional new one they have in stock today, and was just blown away. Such a powerful sounding instrument, but without ever being unsubtle or overbearing.

I also played an incredible SJ200 TV which really spoke to me, but the Dove edged it. Absolutely incendiary.

I have my dream guitar now, a Western Classic Prewar Jumbo... custom shopped with an adi top and a mahogany neck. I also have another dream guitar of mine on order... an AJ with an adi top, wider fretboard and a drop-in (short) saddle. Adi and rosewood are my thang... and I'm grateful to be able to have a couple...

As long as we're wishing......

piratesguitarcrop.jpg

Oh yes' date=' yes - this one too for me, please!!!!

I didn't know that this guitar is one of Jonny Dep's guitars... Lucky man. Many times I looked at this guitar in the pictures of the master museum Boseman Montana in the Gibson site. Can tell you guys, that looking that guitar there made me decide to buy an SJ 200 15 months ago... If I was "so free" to give 100 000 $ for an instrument - well - I'd give...

But for now I just limit my wishes THAT ONE:

[img']http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/krasiparvanov/Monarch.jpg[/img]

Well' date=' for a while now... Krassi's GALE...

(Like DanvillRobs)[/quote']

"THE GALE" is on the stand 20 inches from M-R GIBS - I see both of them right now.

But If you want a guitar like "THE GALE" this could be arranged for some 2100 or 2200 USD that you have to give to the master luthier Galin Penev and he will make for you a guitar with the same kind of materials and with the same specs. The other price that you will have to pay is YOUR PATIENCE. This luthier works only one guitar at the same time. So you will have to wait. Now I am waiting for a classical guitar that he has to make for me and he will start maybe after 11 months because before mine he has to finish two other instruments.

For THE GALE I waited six months.[confused]

http://www.penevguitars.hit.bg/

Archived