Gibson Brands Forums

2010 - guitars in & out

Tim Plains

Not a bad year, I'd say. There's one more guitar inbound. I'll have it next week and it's a LP. I'll post pics of it once I get it. I'll call this my year end review because I'm done buying guitars for the year...lol.

Out

2007 LP Custom

IMG_1170.jpg

2008 R6

IMG_1089.jpg

2007 ES-335

IMG_1215.jpg

2009 Firebird V

IMG_1182.jpg

How petty and superficial...

:)

How can we trust your judgment now after selling those beautiful guitars?

Evidently you were quite enamored with them when you bought them, eh?

Fickle, wishy-washy....

:-)

[lol] :D/ :)

How petty and superficial...

:D

How can we trust your judgment now after selling those beautiful guitars?

Evidently you were quite enamored with them when you bought them' date=' eh?

Fickle, wishy-washy....

:-)

[lol :D/ :)

lol

So Tim, how much are you selling the 335 for? :)

Wow mine is no where as impressive' date=' great stuff you got there. This year so far I have the Schector Tempest, a Ibanez Jem and a secret buy of a older guitar that I will brag about once she is in my hands. I will say I am very excited and its going to fill a void from years ago when my fav gigging guitar was broken by UPS. Nothing going out; hell this old man has to catch up to yall collectors. With two children out the door almost and me not having any real bills except for a small car note. I should be getting a few this year and at least one amp. [/quote']

How do you like the Schecter?

I really like it' date=' caught it on sale at almost 300 off and its in a new tune that was a duel effort between myself and ShredAstair. It feels like a 60 LP Neck and a SG neck combined and the pups are really hot and well worth the cost IMO.

I always thought Schecters were kind of cool. I like the Stargazer I think its called. Looks like a Ric [confused]

Not too bad of a haul especially since 2010 was the year you were not gonna buy anything if I remember correctly. Let's see it's April which is the fourth month and so far you have purchased four guitars [biggrin]

But definitely keep it up man I love showing your post to my wife (already sent this one to her e-mail) when I compare myself to you it looks like I have great self control and that's a pretty hard thing to prove to her anymore. But like I said keep up the good work I have my eye on a Zematis and another Trussart and maybe this will help me convince her I should buy them.

Been a bad year for me so far I've sold seven guitars and three amps and haven't purchased any guitars and only two amps so I'm losing ground so far this year. [crying]

All you young guys on the forum need to really pay attention to this post - this is what GAS addiction looks like in the final stages of the disease. You need to be very careful and there is only two things you can do.

1. Avoid it at all cost it'll ruin your life.

or

2. Go to school and get a good education so you can afford it

In all seriousness very nice additions - nice guitars

Yeah, I didn't dare ask if you were thinking original... $$$$$$$$$$

The new Japanese ones are pretty damned nice from the handful I've had the pleasure to play.

I know it ain't the same, but have you seen the Gigliotti stuff?

When I met Joe Bonamassa, he had a couple of these in his arsenal.

Burnished aluminum fronts, detail that pics can't capture....

www.gigliottiguitars.com

Not too bad of a haul especially since 2010 was the year you were not gonna buy anything if I remember correctly. Let's see it's April which is the fourth month and so far you have purchased four guitars [biggrin]

No' date=' you're mistaken. That was somebody else. [biggrin

...and excuse me but who here has self control? You?

IMG_0432-1.jpg

Guestroom.jpg

Bedroom.jpg

CasedGuitars-overflow.jpg

Archived