Gibson Brands Forums

Banjo guy is pissing me off

Gilliangirl

Good morning. Wow! This thread has hit page 3! Sorry for the delay in responding...... I am nursing some serious bruises today. Yesterday afternoon, Sunset (horse) decided to go right and I (riding bareback) decided not to go right! Sunset won, I lost. So I slid down the right side of Sunset, landing on my derriere. Despite sufficient padding, I'm still covered in bruises and walking really slowly today. It was seriously funny at the time; not so much right now [biggrin]

Okay, going back to read where I left off (pre-horseback riding and derriere tending)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning. Wow! This thread has hit page 3! Sorry for the delay in responding...... I am nursing some serious bruises today. Yesterday afternoon' date=' Sunset (horse) decided to go right and I (riding bareback) decided not to go right! Sunset won, I lost. So I slid down the right side of Sunset, landing on my derriere. Despite sufficient padding, I'm still covered in bruises and walking really slowly today. It was seriously funny at the time; not so much right now [biggrin']

Okay, going back to read where I left off (pre-horseback riding and derriere tending)

Pics!!!!....lol

Good morning. Wow! This thread has hit page 3! Sorry for the delay in responding...... I am nursing some serious bruises today. Yesterday afternoon' date=' Sunset (horse) decided to go right and I (riding bareback) decided not to go right! Sunset won' date=' I lost. So I slid down the right side of Sunset, landing on my derriere. Despite sufficient padding, I'm still covered in bruises and walking really slowly today. It was seriously funny at the time; not so much right now [biggrin'']

Pics!!!!....lol

Hey! Onewileyfool!? [bored] This is a guit tar forum, not a horse forum. We don't need no pictures of no rice burner. We should... [blink] OH.. not the horse. Carry on.

Karen,

Banjo Players and horses. Cain't trust 'em.

Hope you're feeling better.

GGGirl:

How could you fool around with this banjo banger when you could have me?

Just sweep the trash under your bed, throw the dirty dish water out the door and just

give me five minutes to adjust my tupee and I will be there on time.

Moose

Gilliam Girl-

I just want you to know, that based on my experience, you did a wise thing by getting out early from the music partnership you described. From the onset of when you began describing it a few weeks back it eerily reminded me of a toxic music partnership I was once in...and regretfully stayed in for two years, even though from the early onset my music partner began demonstrating very similar toxic traits in it similar to the ones you described. I, however, made the mistake (which I later regretted and still do) of sticking with it for two years thinking I would tough it out and that it would get better, get healthy, really produce some great music despite it all. It never did. It only got worse and my music partner's behavior and irresponsibility and lack of commitment only got worse over time...and I only got more miserable with it. Plus, no really descent music from it survived. What did happen, was I somehow survived and really began to appreciate my freedom to chase the musical music as a soloist and once again have an enjoyable experience in my life from my music . Plus, I think my music, creativity, and playing got better when I started doing that. My only regret with the whole thang was that I didn't end the toxic musical partnership wayyyyy early on when I initially saw the lack of commitment with a resulting weird form of friction she was moving it in for me. But, that was my learning lesson. I'm glad to see you didn't need the learning lesson...and took action to end the runaway train before it became a runaway train.

Speaking of runaway trains...here's an awesome song by the late John Stewart (sung first by John Stewart, then by Rosanne Cash in the video) called Runaway Train...which describes toxic relationships (whether friendships, romantic...or, strictly music relationships, too for that matter.

Thanks for sharing what you experienced with your potential runaway train and kudos to you that you stopped it before it became such.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

There is an old business rule about the number 3. Try three times after that you step back. It works for lots of things. You know how it goes, new neighbours move in, you invite for drinks, they can't make it, suggest tea, sorry out that day, perhaps dinner, I'll let you know. You have the answer it's No!

Finding partners of all kinds is difficult to say the least but essential to getting on with life. So many musicians play alone and sure that is important but to advance we all need to play with other people. Brave of you to use Craigs list Gillian and I'm sure you will find the right partner in the end just take it easy on that horse.

There is an old business rule about the number 3. Try three times after that you step back. It works for lots of things. You know how it goes, new neighbours move in, you invite for drinks, they can't make it, suggest tea, sorry out that day, perhaps dinner, I'll let you know. You have the answer it's No!

Finding partners of all kinds is difficult to say the least but essential to getting on with life. So many musicians play alone and sure that is important but to advance we all need to play with other people. Brave of you to use Craigs list Gillian and I'm sure you will find the right partner in the end just take it easy on that horse.

Sorry to hear of your horse miscalculation. Hope you are not seriously injured. At least you didn't wreck you fingers by holding on to the reins as you slid off. Did that once and broke a ring finger on my left hand.

Keep playing that guitar and keep looking for a musical venue where you can jam with others. You will find someone that clicks with your style of playing if you just get out and mingle with some large groups of like minded people. Lots of Church Bands, Office Bands, Company Bands turning up any more. Lots of Boomers with the kids finally raised are going back to their old musical passions.

Jeeze, this has turned crazy. Firstly, it's perfectly possible to go round a girls house to play music with no ulterior motive. I've done it many a time and regularly record with both male and female musicians without any awkwardness. The guy sounds like a bit of a ******, but who here hasn't made plans and then broke them off with a poor excuse... It seems that a few people on this thread are incapable of spending time with a woman without freaking out.

If you want a serious partner to play with on a regular basis, can I suggest you attend some jam nights and open mics. You'll find a host of people who like to get together and play, most of whom will be a bit more serious then someone who tends to reply to craigslist adds. I speak from experience as when I used to play in bands I'd often respond to adds on the Gumtree (UK version of Craigslist) and every single one of them turned out to be a time waster... Musicians I've met through playing music however, tend to be on there game a bit more.

Good luck!

We tried putting a band together in '86 and had a female singer, drop dead gorgeous. We were all friends, nothing more. About 7 years later I ran into her at a grocery store and she told me she had sung a few times at a lounge gig with an acoustic guitar player. He came on to her more than once and she ultimately broke the partnership because he wanted more than music. I jokingly said I'd meet her at the lounge with a guitar and her face went to stone. Oh, god, what kind of can of worms did I open? She thought it was just the greatest thing I ever said and when can we start and what should we call ourselves and what should we wear?

Oh crap, I was just kidding. You know you'll never get me up on a stage!

One of her daughters is an acquaintance of my oldest daughter and the subject comes up once in a while. "Dad, I heard you have old tapes of your band somewhere..? Where are they?"

Um... I dunno, I think they got lost in a flood or a hurricane or a forest fire.... Here's five bucks, go buy an ice cream or something.... leave me alone...

The Dead Head is Dead On with his comments. GG, if there's any open jams in your area- find them! If you can't find jams, then get thee to an open mic. At either venue you'll meet and hear other people you can play with.

In terms of a relationship, banjo guy can still work out for you. Just don't project some great thing coming out of playing with him. As a matter of fact- if he calls- get together and play for fun. Meanwhile, you'll be hitting open mics and jams and keeping your ears open for something with more of a future.

J... Firstly' date=' it's perfectly possible to go round a girls house to play music with no ulterior motive....[/quote']

There you go Deadgrateful, trying to inject logic into this. What I believe we have here is the possibility of female emotions gettin' involved. Not GG's, but the banjer player's GF.

And we all know what you call a banjer player without a GF... that's right homeless.

You mentioned he has a girlfriend. Theres your fly in the ointment. If she knows your a female I guarantee he's getting heat for that. "Oh you want to spend time with your little girlfriend instead of me!" Oh I can hear it now. No theres your problem. Find someone else.

You mentioned he has a girlfriend. Theres your fly in the ointment. If she knows your a female I guarantee he's getting heat for that. "Oh you want to spend time with your little girlfriend instead of me!" Oh I can hear it now. No theres your problem. Find someone else.

Or put on a "Moms Mabley" disguise!!

moms2.JPG

Archived