Gibson Brands Forums

burg in my les paul

dvir

i bought a gibson les paul studio wine red 8 month ago and yasterday i played on my guitar in heard burg jerky in my les paul so i went to the store that i bought from and they said that beacause the les paul is a hand work when the people who built it are forgat the burg in the les paul and they said that it is nothing. my question is: shoud i ask they if can i replace the guitar or to live with that thing? please help

this burg is'nt released from th guitar, beacause the guitar is a hand work the people who made the guitar are forgat a burg in this burg is'nt make a sound difference it is just Annoying so what do you think?

probably talking about a chip of wood that was left in the chambering cavity and its rattling around.

Burg in this case would be a burr of wood.

Gibson doesn't use nails in their guitars so it wouldn't be that a stray nail got into your guitar.

I've tried a little bit to use the search function here but couldn't find the results...

but I've seen a number of people report that their guitar rattles inside.

Everyone suspects left over wood shavings...

BTW Hans.. you can't open up the chambered guitar without removing the maple cap.

no it is rustling when i shake the guitar it is little screw

probably talking about a chip of wood that was left in the chambering cavity and its rattling around. ...

Hopefully the shop checked all the routes to make sure the object rattling wasn't loose in one of those cavities. If nothing was found there, it ought to be a warranty replacement.

i bought a gibson les paul studio wine red 8 month ago and yasterday i played on my guitar in heard burg jerky in my les paul so i went to the store that i bought from and they said that beacause the les paul is a hand work when the people who built it are forgat the burg in the les paul and they said that it is nothing. my question is: shoud i ask they if can i replace the guitar or to live with that thing? please help

Sounds like a personal problem :)

Can I use this in my sig?

Too late [cool]

All kidding aside.. I can't blame you for being bothered by a jerky burg. I know I would.

Seriously, I think the only thing you can do is pull out the pickups and open the cover plates and have a look around... maybe spray around with some canned air. It sounds like your local shop might have already done that though.

It kinds sucks, but if there's anything inside those sealed chambers, I don't think there's much you can do (other than a few drastic measures that I wouldn't endorse).

Maybe a properly placed refrigerator magnet would hold the burg in place?

All kidding aside.. I can't blame you for being bothered by a jerky burg. I know I would.

Seriously' date=' I think the only thing you can do is pull out the pickups and open the cover plates and have a look around... maybe spray around with some canned air. It sounds like your local shop might have already done that though.

It kinds sucks, but if there's anything inside those sealed chambers, I don't think there's much you can do (other than a few drastic measures that I wouldn't endorse).

Maybe a properly placed refrigerator magnet would hold the burg in place?[/quote']

its not gonna work if it is a cheep of wood

Archived