Gibson Brands Forums

Weight loss (update)

Silenced Fred

In case anyone remembers, I made a post a couple of months back about losing weight. I got into personal issues, that fell by the wayside until earlier this week. I'm tired of being this heavy, and I completely cut out all soda and sugary beverages, almost all junk food (it needs to be all, which will be next week), and started jogging and stuff like that more, and I have already started losing weight, 5 lbs in a week [cool]

Just thought I would let you guys know, to those that contributed and wanted to know.

Thanks guys

good for you man !! diet and exercise is a great start for you !! should join a gym,, lots of HOTTIES there too !! running can be hard on the joints and it gets old after a while, but cardio certainly is the best way to elevate the heart rate and lose weight, I hope you keep at it, you will feel alot better about yourself and life in general, I work out at a gym 5 days a week and wouldnt know how to act if I missed days, it becomes a lifestyle after a while,, keep at it man,, mind and body can have a great connection if you tap into it

That's awesome man!

My gym closed down, focking multi billionaire developer who owned the land booted them. He wants to turn this place into a resort town.... :) I hate tourists as it is. I hadnt expected to have gotten a bit depressed when my gym closed down.

Yeah, I think the whole thing is a matter of feeling good about yourself.

That's easier to do if you feel like you look and can do physical stuff more or less like you think you should. Both usually are easier if you've got a half-decent body fat percentage.

Hmmmm. On the other hand I always wanted to be about 6-4 with 18-inch biceps. Never made it and realized I'd never make it when I was about your age. <grin> So I figured I'd have to do the best I could with the DNA I inherited.

OTOH...

I do admit that I have threatened physical violence to the barbers across the street if they use those @#$%@ mirrors to show me the back of my head after a haircut. The turkeys just laugh and do it anyway. Sometimes a guy can't win.

Which is, my young friend, a way of saying that it's great that you're getting into the conditioning thing, but it's somehow gotta be done in ways you also enjoy or you won't keep it up. I'm convinced that 90 percent of maintaining a decent body fat percentage is between one's ears regardless of the DNA. But it's still gotta be something you personally consider enjoyable.

m

People will say this doesn't work however it worked for me. Don't eat Anything after 1800hrs each night and have carbs for lunch and protein for dinner! Get yourself a smaller dinner plate.

I managed to loose 28 pounds in four weeks.

Regards and good luck.

People will say this doesn't work however it worked for me. Don't eat Anything after 1800hrs each night and have carbs for lunch and protein for dinner! Get yourself a smaller dinner plate.

I managed to loose 28 pounds in four weeks.

Regards and good luck.

For breakfast?

Ány exercise ?

Excellent news. And after a while you won't even miss sodas and fast food.

But do try to find some sort of sport you can enjoy.

The goal is not just to lose weight, but rather to become healthier.

And get chicks...

Thats really great Fred... I need to do the same. Once you're into the diet and start seeing results it gets easier... Just remember you have to make a decision to change your life style and not return to your old ways or you will put back all the weight and more...

Congrats on your will power!

Used to like junk food and soda's, now I find junk doesn't taste that well at all...

Lost 20% of my weight just by eating right.

And with a nice sport u can get in shape pretty easily.

(I did some swimming and I totally recommend it! Also lifted a fair amount of weights. Always go to a gym for that tough, you could injure yourself without the proper knowledge)

Make sure you keep it up, it's important to be healthy and indeed... get chicks!

Get to the point junk actually starts to taste like junk and you'll be fine.

In all seriousness, I'm a big kid. But I move pretty well, always have. I have kept up with sports, and play them routinely with friends. I can outrun some of my friends who are in really good shape for the first 100 meters full sprint, but they have the stamina.

No excuses, but my DNA does suck, I have a low metabolism and I like food. Worst possible event. I just have to get over it.

I don't even miss sugary drinks now, they kind of disgust me in all honesty. I prefer unsweetened iced tea. Same with chips, I can't finish a single serving bag, they just don't taste as good. I am noticing a lot of changes in a short period of time. All of this together should help a lot, its just going to be the big push over.

And yeah, it's all for the chicks ;)

In all seriousness' date=' I'm a big kid. But I move pretty well, always have. I have kept up with sports, and play them routinely with friends. I can outrun some of my friends who are in really good shape for the first 100 meters full sprint, but they have the stamina.

No excuses, but my DNA does suck, I have a low metabolism and I like food. Worst possible event. I just have to get over it.

I don't even miss sugary drinks now, they kind of disgust me in all honesty. I prefer unsweetened iced tea. Same with chips, I can't finish a single serving bag, they just don't taste as good. I am noticing a lot of changes in a short period of time. All of this together should help a lot, its just going to be the big push over.

And yeah, it's all for the chicks ;) [/quote']

Good for you!!

BTW who doesn't like food?

Good job man...i'm a snack junkie....I actually think I might have a food addiction...i'm about 50 lbs overweight for my height...and I can't lose it because I just eats and eats...

Needs some of that willpower you speak of....**** its hard.

Great news for you.

Your heart will thank you for it, too!

...Get yourself a smaller dinner plate...

It may sound crazy but this really works! I had a mate (honestly!) who' date=' all of a sudden, was piling on weight for no apparent reason. It turned out he and his missus had recently bought a new dinner service and the dinner plates were about 50% larger [u']in area[/u] than their old ones. At first, of course, they didn't notice the difference - it was only about 2 1/2 inches in diameter after all - and they just kept piling them up with food as they'd always done...

In all seriousness' date=' I'm a big kid. But I move pretty well, always have. I have kept up with sports, and play them routinely with friends. I can outrun some of my friends who are in really good shape for the first 100 meters full sprint, but they have the stamina.

And yeah, it's all for the chicks [blush

Good for you, man!

Yeah, the sprint will come from your "big guy" genes and build - but developing stamina is what will keep your body from aging prematurely. I started running local races because I lacked the willpower to train otherwise. I'm not fast - I'll never win - but I race the clock against my own times, and I try to run a longer one every once in a while. After surviving a ten mile run at a good-for-me pace, I felt more like a healthy animal than I had in years.

... And yeah, my girl wasn't necessarily all that impressed with the race - but the standing-taller-slightly-swagger that comes from feeling good about yourself seems to work, at least for her. ;)

Archived