Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Macca, shut up and sing

ZenKen

In terms of Pauls.... It's a voice that has seen numerous takes in the studio' date=' numerous concerts, and all the talking through normal communications. I would state his voice is in great shape for a seasoned veteran[cool']

I agree, his is still an incredible voice in my opinion.

Just watched him sing bits of Yesterday and Blackbird during his visit...his voice continues to...age.

+1 Unfortunately. I heard him sing "Michelle" to the first lady on the news. Sounds like his voice needs a rest.

I like how Elton John approaches the high notes. He doesn't even try - someone offstage goes for it' date=' and he looks over and smiles.[/quote']

Elton's lowered the keys for every song he does now

but I'll give Macca props his are still in the original keys.

No disrespect intended' date=' but he strains for those high notes. I saw him in '06 and it was the best show I've ever seen. I grabbed a beer when he sang, "My Love". [biggrin']

I saw him in 06 also and he was strained on the higher notes but seriously last year both my brother and I were amazed how good he sounded at Fenway.

I don't know how he's doing on this summer tour but he's coming to my town August 18th. I'll let ya know.

Most of us will lose the high range when we get older. Look at Freddie Mercury...his voice was total shred near the end.

Geddy Lee in the old days sounded like a chipmunk sucking helium...now hes pulled it down an octave. I just wish he

didnt double his voice on the newer recordings....no no no.

We love you man. You are one of the great cultural figures of the 20 century. But don't come here and use the stage at the frickin White House for crying out loud to espouse your views on American politics. [biggrin]

iv'e never liked macca OR bono, they can both fall down a very deep dark hole and never be seen again for all i care [-(

Breaking into a larger discussion as a whole, I go back and forth on McCartney's solo work. I think some of his solo albums recently were great...and greatly underappreciated. "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard" I thought was a terrific album. But too often he puts out stuff that seems best suited to sooth a nervous patient at the dentist office. That said, his sense of melody and - in turn - carrying that sense of melody to bass lines seems otherworldly, they are so damn good. He also can also create chord and key changes better than anyone, IMHO.

I guess you have to be that good to work and compete with Lennon...

Bono....fall down a deep dark hole? Are you saying something subliminal?

sort of' date=' i mean i'd like to push him down that hole never to be seen again! that way we'd be spared from all that save the starving,whales,trees bullsiht he spouts every fcuking day! fcku bono you have more money then all of us put together! if you and geldof give a siht that much then give the people all of YOUR fcuking money!

rant over [crying

sort of' date=' i mean i'd like to push him down that hole never to be seen again! that way we'd be spared from all that save the starving,whales,trees bullsiht he spouts every fcuking day! fcku bono you have more money then all of us put together! if you and geldof give a siht that much then give the people all of YOUR fcuking money!

rant over [-( [/quote']

How do you really feel Steve? [crying]

rant over [biggrin

Hey, U2 teamed up with Gibson to help me buy a couple of guitars, along with springing for tons of new gear for a whole lot of other New Orleans musicians after Katrina.

brundaddy - "...the Beatles really sucked...2 down 2 to go."

stevejoshlay1 on Bono - "...i'd like to push him down that hole never to be seen again...."

Man, you guys are BRUTAL!

My dad always taught me, "If you can't say anything nice about a son-of-a-*****, don't say anything at all."

Archived