Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Nice...any with a 2 piece back?

The Honeyburst is pre-flood and 2 piece. I think the Sam Ash GT is a 3 piece (either 2 or 3, I've forgotten, and it's my most played guitar lately... shows how much impact that has on me [biggrin]). The GC GT I'll be listing is 4 piece. Still, they resonate great, the number of pieces of the body doesn't seem to affect the sound perceptibly. I do recall seeing pics of one 5 piece, and maybe it was the photo or the light, but that one was rather unattractive.

Those were terrible months of waiting! The owner the instrument shop said, that they feel very lucky that they got one from Gibson. He was skeptical about it because of our geographical placement and the fact we're a small country...And to be honest: after half a year of waiting I feel very lucky too. Hope everything goes well...

Congratulations! A lot of us waited a long time here too. The one I ordered took about 5 months. Keep in mind Gibson was closed to production for nearly 3 months because of the flood, so really the 6 month wait isn't so bad. Please post pics and your impressions of the guitar when you get it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those were terrible months of waiting! The owner the instrument shop said, that they feel very lucky that they got one from Gibson. He was skeptical about it because of our geographical placement and the fact we're a small country...And to be honest: after half a year of waiting I feel very lucky too. Hope everything goes well...

GT going to Hungary. Nice!! I love Hungary!

Keep in mind Gibson was closed to production for nearly 3 months because of the flood...

No, they weren't. The flood was in May, and they sent me a guitar with a serial number that dates to July 30. Maybe they started and finished on the same day - but that's about six to eight weeks at most.

No, they weren't. The flood was in May, and they sent me a guitar with a serial number that dates to July 30. Maybe they started and finished on the same day - but that's about six to eight weeks at most.

I sit corrected. Make that about two months. [thumbup]

Has anybody actually hear how many were made, or are there just??nothingtoadd.gif

Or are we assuming 625 total for all colors??

Pretty sure I recall seeing Henry on the other site saying it would be way more than that. And no, I've not heard of a total released. Not sure if they'll tell us or not.

ALL FIVE FINISHES OF THIS "LIMITED RUN" MODEL ARE NOW SOLD OUT TO OUR DEALERS!

*Please check with your favorite Gibson dealer to find out what they ordered and what they may have available for you to order.

Les Paul Studio loaded with P-90's for how much?

Orange Drop Capacitors on a Gibson USA model that costs how much?

Faded finishes that look vintage.........Worn White against cream plastic...That's not right, but it is............Gold Top?

Did we mention "This is a Limited Run Gibson USA model".

$1,399 Retail Price. Ask your local dealer for details. Shipping soon.

"In honor of the decade that gave birth to rock and roll Gibson USA is proud to present the acclaimed Les Paul Studio in a unique new package. The new Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute model embodies the look and tone of the great original Les Pauls from the 1950s, at a price that fits the wallets of today's hardworking musicians. Ever since its introduction in 1983, the Les Paul Studio model has been enormously popular with players seeking the power and versatility of the original Les Paul Standard in a ready-for-action package, with a price to match. The Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute sticks to the script entirely, but its five worn '50s-style finishes and meaty dual single-coil P-90 pickups give it a look akin to classics from the decade of the Les Paul's birth, so much so that you'll be doing a double-take to check it's not an original 55-year-old Lester!"

LPST5WGCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WHCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WSCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WECH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WWCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

I tried and tried, but I could not get comfortable with the P90's. Sold it on eBay and now it is off to Norway. Found a 03 LP Classic in Coppertop finish. Couldn't be happier at the moment. Loaded it with a Slash set of pickups.

I was absolutely impressed with the Studio Tribute otherwise. Mine had a 2 piece back and the mix was almost 98% covered by one piece and 2% from the second. Superb finish and feel. I would have kept it, but I was not able to make friends with the P90's. There must certainly be something wrong with my ears as I have seen so many others that swear by them. Oh well, I am sure the next party will be very happy with it.

Speaking of the 60 cycle hum, I have only played mine in my room/office whic has CF bulbs in the light sockets and I am not picking up any hum, I think by not having incandescant bulbs I am not getting any interference, are there any electrical engineers how can confirm or dispute my hypothesis?

I love the P90's. A lot of people do. But they're not for everyone. Some just don't dig them for whatever reason. Nothing wrong with that! Some don't like Stratocasters at all. Yet many of the most accomplished guitarists in the world have played them almost exclusively. Ditto all of that for the Les Paul in general (Humbucker or P90). Some hate them, many love them. And scores upon scores of songs among some of the best music ever recorded have been done on them. No one flavor can please anyone. I am fortunate, I love and have all of the above!

I have a question for all you experts...

We purchased a "brand new" one of these with a Gold Top off eBay. It came in the box and included all of the paperwork and warranty. The eBay seller was a guitar dealer.

On the description, it said "This guitar came with a nice ding on the body courtesy of Gibson and their "Worn Finish" process (See Pictures)." and I suspected that statement was true. I want to know if you guys know anything about the dings on my guitar, and if they were intentional by Gibson.

I'll include a picture:IMG_2444.jpg

So, this dent was very obviously made by a hammer or tool, because it has a grid-like pattern to the dent. I also suspect that it was done intentionally because it has another dent on the bottom of the guitar, under the dent in the picture.

Would Gibson make this dent intentionally?

The guitar has other signs of wear I know was also caused by Gibson, like the scratches on the pick guard, and patina on the finish.

Thanks for your input!

-The Electric Blu Studio

Can't speak for other's, but my "worn" finish DID NOT include

"dents!" Worn areas on the paint, but not even on the Gold Top,

just around the neck or inside the cutaway. The back was flawless,

as was the top.

What you're showing, in your photo, doesn't look (to me, anyway)

like something Gibson would do, deliberately...at least, not on this model.

They might do something similar, IF they were trying to replicate marks

on an original guitar, they were copying, to make an exact replica. Other

than that scenerio, I can't imagine them doing it.

CB

Mine came with a very small ding on the top. Pretty sure it wasn't intentional. Not big enough to cause me long term loss of sleep or anything but I might not have taken it if I had been provided other choices. At the time I was lucky to find one at a Sam Ash in Richmond, VA thanks to a tip from a forum member. It was mailed to me sight unseen and I was a little bummed when I noticed the ding but I got over it soon enough.

I have a question for all you experts...

We purchased a "brand new" one of these with a Gold Top off eBay. It came in the box and included all of the paperwork and warranty. The eBay seller was a guitar dealer.

On the description, it said "This guitar came with a nice ding on the body courtesy of Gibson and their "Worn Finish" process (See Pictures)." and I suspected that statement was true. I want to know if you guys know anything about the dings on my guitar, and if they were intentional by Gibson.

I'll include a picture:IMG_2444.jpg

So, this dent was very obviously made by a hammer or tool, because it has a grid-like pattern to the dent. I also suspect that it was done intentionally because it has another dent on the bottom of the guitar, under the dent in the picture.

Would Gibson make this dent intentionally?

The guitar has other signs of wear I know was also caused by Gibson, like the scratches on the pick guard, and patina on the finish.

Thanks for your input!

-The Electric Blu Studio

Mine had slight wear on the top and bottom. Not dings. I haven't seen any with "intentional" dings - I find it hard to believe that was done by Gibson.

I've wondered, all along, WHY Gibson would choose to "relic"

even slightly, a lower budget guitar, like this. Seems it would

take more time (hence manpower expense), to do, than just to finish

them in a decent matte finish, and be done with it. I have serious

doubts, that "marketing" the "relic" finish, would net them any more

money, overall, than marketing a decent pristine finish would. Heck,

just playing a guitar with a thin nitro finish, will "relic" it, as

much as that, soon enough.

???

CB

Archived