Gibson Brands Forums

This lady can play...

Twiz

Yep, taught everything I know:-" .....Seriously, she is awesome. This is real stuff. It's too real to be staged by a professional crew, etc.....plus, there's the guy drinking a bottle of beer in the background. Great stuff....Thanks man.

I've seen some others do it, but frequently where either there wasn't much in the way of teachers or other learning tools, or where there was a lot.

I couldn't imagine trying. <grin>

m

See, that's why I dig this forum. I knew you guys would get it. :) Music can transcend just about anything, and that's why I love it. Good players are good players. It's always inspiring and humbling for me to see anybody approaching the guitar in a new way.

Thanks for posting that... i love the way she was looking around like she was bored half the time. Shows she has true command of her style and playing. Those worn out spots on the fretboard are clearly where she plays most, middle of the neck. Most time you see that it's in the first few frets where you play open chords....

I liked it so well that I went to find other vids of the same musician... turns out the one you stumbled on was stolen, and it's a guy named Ronnie... all that to say, thanks for sharing. Being able to hear a musician like this makes me thankful to live in today's technological world.

Thanks for posting that. That was really a great find.

The tune just has a way of making me happy.

So much music from Africa has that effect. Mali in particular has some fantastic music.

Anyone who likes this type of stuff really should check out the 'Putumayo' label. They do a very wide range of 'World Music'.

Back when I was in college we had this one kid from Nyasaland - now Malawi - played just a really nice and relaxed guitar style, fingerpicking and holding and tuning the guitar in standard tuning. Neat and very musical tunes and they always seemed, as this one, relaxed. I don't know any other way to describe it.

Can't remember his name, darn it. But nobody seemed particularly interested because it wasn't the popular folk music of the time. Sheesh. In retrospect that's kinda funny and sad all at the same time.

m

Archived