Gibson Brands Forums

Craigslist Score!

Twiz

I've been looking for a footswitch for my old Kustom 2X10 combo for a while now. I found this one on Craigslist and picked it up today. Now I can turn the Kustom's tremolo and reverb on and off! It was only $20, so that's cool too. How about you guys, do you have any good want-ad finds? Pawn shop, garage sale, etc. -It doesn't have to just be from Craigslist. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics...

1.jpg

2.jpg

I hear ya. I'm usually broke too. I obsessively check that site for stuff (I think I may have a problem). So far I've got lucky on there twice. -Once with that switch, and last year I got this LP Special for $300.

0008.jpg

I've been looking for a footswitch for my old Kustom 2X10 combo for a while now. I found this one on Craigslist and picked it up today. Now I can turn the Kustom's tremolo and reverb on and off! It was only $20' date=' so that's cool too. How about you guys, do you have any good want-ad finds? Pawn shop, garage sale, etc. -It doesn't have to just be from Craigslist. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics...

[img']http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/pictvre5/Mobile%20Uploads/1.jpg[/img]

2.jpg

That tuck and roll cover is sexy. What model Kustom do you have?

Long live craigslist. Nice finds guys. Look the left. '55 SJ, all original except the Grovers. One owner, he passed away and his widow sold it to me. If you look under the picture at my location you will see why I had to sell it and why I have been reduced to a used, all laminate classical. I've been here since February and I will be back in Alabama this Thursday. I have been perusing CL for the last week to find my next purchase (after I save for a while of course)! Viva la Craigslist!

That tuck and roll cover is sexy. What model Kustom do you have?

Thanks man. I think it's a 2X10 SC. It's 2 channels, with high and low inputs on each channel. It was made in the late 60's/early 70's. It's got built in reverb and tremolo. I got the amp about 13 years ago from a guy for $15. All it needed was the pots cleaned. It was so noisy that the previous owner thought there was something major wrong with it. I like to use this amp when recording, it's got a really great clean sound (think CCR) but it sounds cool with a Big Muff too.

I just found a 2 month old listing of a local guy selling a Gibson j45 for $150. He said it was his brothers and he doesn't play guitar. As you can image I'm over here frantically calling and emailing him just praying the offer is still good.

I also found an SG Standard for $600. I sent the guy an email asking if he'll take $500. If he will, I'm not sure I can turn that down.

Yeah the Carvin is great. My friend is gonna be moving it into my room because we just moved out of our studio. He plays a Strat through it and I love his tone. It sounds a lot beefier with my SG.

Hopefully he'll move his Moog setup in here and a drumset. That would be sweet.

I just found a 2 month old listing of a local guy selling a Gibson j45 for $150. He said it was his brothers and he doesn't play guitar. As you can image I'm over here frantically calling and emailing him just praying the offer is still good.

I also found an SG Standard for $600. I sent the guy an email asking if he'll take $500. If he will' date=' I'm not sure I can turn that down.[/quote']

Oh god, that is awesome. I haven't seen too many amazing deals, but some stuff is decent. Looking at a TS808 for 50 bucks... hopefully the seller emails me back [cool]

DAMN!

$50!?

[cool][crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying]

He never responded and took down the ad, I guess he sold it...

It seemed too good to be true

[cool][crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying]

He never responded and took down the ad' date=' I guess he sold it...

It seemed too good to be true[/quote']

Shucks...feely for ya...

OTOH

The Digitech Bad Monkey is one pretty bad@ss pedal

I love it....

Look into it.

Shucks...feely for ya...

OTOH

The Digitech Bad Monkey is one pretty bad@ss pedal

I love it....

Look into it.

Yeah, I'm gonna look into one of those, but I really want a TS808... I need to sell my DS-1, hopefully some kid will want it. I still like my SD-1, I have my fuzz, but I want the Tube Screamer for lead stuff.

I will check em out though

Archived