Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone get hit by the storm?

Silenced Fred

The Niagara region was sunny and warm today! I have the Devils Punchbowl almost in my back yard, all the high school kids

skipped the last half of the day (last day of school today) and were whooping it up in the river.....good stuff!

It's beautiful here in the mountains, it's only hot in California south of Fresno and below 5,000 feet :-.

We had our destruction this winter with a lot of heavy snow taking down trees, power lines, and more than a few roofs. Mother Nature's a Harsh Mistress, hope you get everyone's ok there Fred1.

I live near Boulder Colorado and last weekend we got hit. I rained from Friday till Tuesday non stop! I love thunder, lightning and storms, but this got old because all it did was rain! So this must be the storm you folks got.

We've been lucky, so far, here in "Tornado Alley!" There have been wild Thunderstorms,

and tornadoes, too...but they've missed my little part of the state. However, last week,

my friend in OKC told me his rain guage said 9" in less than 24 hours. They had terrible

(baseball size) hail, not long ago, as well. We've had plenty of rain, and it's slowed down

the harvest, a week or so, but the "Twisters" have missed us...so far, anyway. However,

it IS "Kansas," so anything can, and often does, happen...weather wise! To those that have

been less fortunate, storm wise (or any other way, for that matter)...stay safe, and God Speed!

CB

That's true' date=' it's not Arizona or Nevada Hot except in parts of the Mojave. I'm feeling like a visit to Venice Beach and Hollywood with all this talk. Nice places to visit....as the saying goes.[/quote']

I don't like Venice beach all that much but I love going to Hollywood. My friend who I always go to these places with is on vacation right now. He's also my bandmate so I'm pretty bummed. I hang out with him all the time.

Speaking of Venice... do you know that guy hairy perry (I think that's his name). He rides around on roller blades and plays guitar and sings. He plays this sweet song. I think it's called time travel transformation. It's pretty awesome.

I don't like Venice beach all that much but I love going to Hollywood. My friend who I always go to these places with is on vacation right now. He's also my bandmate so I'm pretty bummed. I hang out with him all the time.

Speaking of Venice... do you know that guy hairy perry (I think that's his name). He rides around on roller blades and plays guitar and sings. He plays this sweet song. I think it's called time travel transformation. It's pretty awesome.

Yeah, I've seen him skating around. He used to have a Kramer (I think) and a fanny pack full of Pedals. Since they cracked down on amplified music in Venice he uses an acoustic. I love watching him play. I like Venice for the board walk and shops, what can I say, I'm a tourist from the Inland Empire. Also love the Comedy and Magic Club in Hermosa Beach.

George Benson did the same thing except it was rollar skates. lol

I believe the video was "Gimme the night"

Had to be in North Dakota on business. I have been

staying in this RV Park on the Border of Eastern Montana

and ND It has been raining Sheets and the wind gusting

over 40 mph, the RV has been rocking from the wind for

3 solid days. I am glad today it has calmed down. I will

be able to go back to Wyoming next week. Whewwww

As usual - but not guaranteed - the tornadoes where I am were to the east an hour or two drive time. The winds have been kinda interesting, but no big deal.

eallenb...

You're probably a cupla hours north of me in your eastern Montana RV park.

m

Here in the city it rained and the wind blew like a mofo for about ten straight minutes, then it was normal, calm rain. Guess in that time the wind was strong enough to blow down a bunch of trees on the West side. My neighborhood was relatively untouched.

The lightning and thunder spooked the dog a bit, but she is OK now.

Here in the city it rained and the wind blew like a mofo for about ten straight minutes' date=' then it was normal, calm rain. Guess in that time the wind was strong enough to blow down a bunch of trees on the West side. My neighborhood was relatively untouched.

The lightning and thunder spooked the dog a bit, but she is OK now.[/quote']

Yeah, two trees went down, power is still out, Commonwealth Edison said that power should be up Monday night around 10 pm [biggrin]

OK, What is the deal? Is the Foul weather following me?

I end up in Billings, MT on Sunday at the SAMS Club next to Cabella's

just in time to hear the Warning Siren go off as I am

looking to the sky, down comes the funnel and takes

the roof off of their "Event Center" 'about 2miles as the antelope runs' Their "Metra"

Also, destroys a number of businesses. I Looky Lou'd

today and the destruction is not even close to being able to describe

even if you watch the news clips on "you tube" etc you have to see it for the import.

This is my last week in MT and ND and I"VE HAD ENOUGH of

being in an RV in inclement weather. HELLO WIDE WONDERFUL WYO.

Daddy's comin back!!!!!!!

Ok I'm done ranting.

Hey, Wyo....

We just had a nasty cloud pass over here with some pretty stout winds and we're not that far from the Wyoming line. It's easing up a little. Winds a bit north were estimated at 75 mph around 10:30 p.m. mdt june 21 according to NWS.

But hey, they've had tornadoes in the eastern shadow of the Big Horns... <grin>

Glad you're okay on the Billings run, though. If you're running south through Sheridan/Casper you can still duck a bit except for lightning. Now that you mention it, ain't heard much about tornadoes between the Tetons and Big Horns.

Good luck!

m

Archived