Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Strat!

Hthomas

Strats are nice for what they do, although I played a whole bunch of Strats before I got my SG, and none of them really grabbed me like the SG did. A few other guitars did, but the SG was right for the price, looked good, and made me feel like Zappa. I never played any Jazzmasters, Jags or Mustangs, so I decided to look at a few videos on YouTube.

I think the Jazzmaster and the Jaguar both sound sweet. I mean, wow. [blink] It is, however, a very specific kind of tone from both of them, so I can understand why they wouldn't work for everyone. I mean, they seem to not be as versatile as Strats...but I haven't tried one, so I don't think I can really say.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jazz Master!! LOL that's rich' date=' he should have stuck with one of the most sonically limited fenders ever produced. That's Lame.[/quote']

First, if you want to really make a Jazzmaster sing you gotta throw a set of Quarter Pounders in her. Second, sonically limited? Have you seen the number of knobs, dials, and switches on a Jazzmaster? It's like the Mesa Boogie of guitars. Might take a while, but your sound will be there. Have you ever heard the sonic assault of Nels Cline's Jazzmaster?

Mojoredfoot - Nice stuff' date=' even the Jag. Can't help but like that Lace Sensor.

Very cool Mandolin![/quote']

Thanks, the LS gives that guitar more b@ll$ and NO feedback. Crisp and clear. It has less of that surf twang but I'm not a surf guitar player. Still excellent for cleans. Guess what I'll be putting in the white strat down the road?

First' date=' if you want to really make a Jazzmaster sing you gotta throw a set of Quarter Pounders in her. Second, sonically limited? Have you seen the number of knobs, dials, and switches on a Jazzmaster? It's like the Mesa Boogie of guitars. Might take a while, but your sound will be there. Have you ever heard the sonic assault of Nels Cline's Jazzmaster?[/quote']

I'd rather listen to Eric Johnson on a Strat, Nels Vibrato is a little Spastic for my taste.

Jazzmasters are alright, I prefer something else with a P90 for a sound like that. Not too fond of them, but whatever floats your boat.

After my first paycheck in about a month, I will buy a wired pickguard to throw in my Strat, get some vintage tuners, and be set to go.

All this talk of strats and jazzmasters, no love for the tele? Top of my GAS list, well that, and a 57 RI Strat [drool]

I like that' date=' thats sooo cool. I have only seen the black w/white polka dots.[/quote']

Musicians Friend was carrying them for a while, along with a White w/ Black Dots version. I immediately fell in love with this thing, my Brother noticed me looking at it a lot online so he got together with my Parents an got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. Yep, love my family. We're all musicians ya know.

Archived