Gibson Brands Forums

McDonalds

Californiaman

I'm pretty sure we've had the grain fed/corn fed arguement before. [blink]

If you live near a coast and fresh gator meat is available, switch to that if you're peeved about beef. Try ostrich. Buffalo meat is mighty tastey as well. There's lots of other tastey critters in the world.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milod' date=' I can't help but ask, when is the last time you had a bison burger or steak?

I love Bison. It's good and it's lean. Full of flavor and not as fattening as beef.[/quote']

They sell it here in the grocery store. I prefer it over beef actually.

I haven't eaten at a fast food burger joint since the early 1980s. Not because of anything political, but because I realized the food was not that tasty. I'll take a real burger at a real restaurant or cooked at home any day.

Lately I've gotten into organic, grass-fed beef. Grass fed actually tastes better than corn fed plus it is healthier.

Notes ?

I rarely go to Mickey D's. Their food has lost that special something, that I have a hard time describing. I did acquire a taste for their new special sandwiches "Angus" something or "BIg beef something". They come in 3 different 'flavors'. I liked the swiss and mushroom. However, in the last month they've reduced or removed the 'special sauce'. Mayo, if you ask me. They also put a dash of some spice in the beginning. It's gone now. Now it just a big greasy burger. Eh... I'll go to Burger King. Their fries are better.

The other problem I have is that, of late, the local Micky D's are hiring folks who don't have a firm grasp of the language. I've tried to be patient, but it seems half the time the order just gets all screwed up....

My wife can't go to BK because ALL their sandwiches have sesame seeds on them. My wife's intestinal fortitude can't stomach seeds. So, unless there is a Wendy;'s about, we go to Micky D's. [crying]

There are Ponderosa's around but not close to me. I enjoy frequenting the ones on my trips to Arkansas and back. However, there is a Sirloin Stockade at Rolla, Mo. that is not to be missed. There is also a Bonanza in Lincoln, IL. I used to like to stop at. I say 'used to', because a couple weeks ago when we stopped, the meat was over done and the salad bar wasn't all that great. They did come around with a free, hot-out-of-the-oven, cookie. I took a bite. It was not fully cooked. #-o Sadly, I'll never go back.

the best fast food restaurants IMHO are Culver's and Portillo's..... Culver's is mostly a mid-western chain, and portillo's is only the chicago area (with 2 locations in california and 1 in the middle of nowhere in indiana). culver's has some of the best greasy burgers ever and portillos has amazing burgers and THE BEST ITALIAN BEEF IN THE WORLD!!! [thumbup]

The only fast food burger joint that I actually consistently enjoy is In N Out. It's pretty delicious. I think they only have them in So Cal.

Any In N Out fans here?

Animal style.

McDonald's food has changed a crapload over the years. Their fries don't taste nearly as good as when they were fried in beef tallow [thumbup] I usually hit a local burger joint or occasionally red robin or hardee's.

I went to McDonalds taday because my little cousin wanted to go. After our order was taken, while we were waiting for the food the order takers kept asking "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?" Uh no you just took my order....again "welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order"? They're freakin' robots! Oh and then my cousin opened her bag there were four large fries that she didn't order or pay for. Totally weird.

Here's your typical teenager work ethic.

Notice that everybody else in a position of authority and leadership are "****" and they "suck." .

That type of behavior just don't stop at the teenage level...#-o ..... I'd state in today's world, I see it more from middle aged to older men.... That age bracket seems to have the biggest concentration of cry babies of them all.:(

Duane...

Whoooeeeeee.....

All kidding aside, I think there are some reasons for the older males to have that perspective in today's world.

But...

Actually I initially was going to suggest if one's looking at regional stuff, I don't know if it's still operating the way it once did, but at one time the best burger in Seoul was at the Nashville Club. It was about the only place burgers didn't taste a bit like toasted sesame oil. <grin>

m

the best fast food restaurants IMHO are Culver's and Portillo's..... Culver's is mostly a mid-western chain' date=' and portillo's is only the chicago area (with 2 locations in california and 1 in the middle of nowhere in indiana). culver's has some of the best greasy burgers ever and portillos has amazing burgers and THE BEST ITALIAN BEEF IN THE WORLD!!! [biggrin']

CULVERS! :-({|=

I don't care who you are, those Butter Burgers are delish!

• 3 weeks later...

I love a good greasy fried cheeseburger. There's a drive-in type place here in town that's been around for 50+ years... they make the best double cheeseburger & onion rings ever!

Damn, I'm hungry now.

Oh yea.. Mcdonalds is nasty.

Archived