Gibson Brands Forums

Concerts you have been or are going to this year

morty

i got hypothermia on sunday night' date=' that was the last time i give my jacket to a young lady lol[/quote']

haha! i was soaked through, couldnt feel my toes and was freezing (was only wearing a tshirt and jeans) but when aerosmith walked on i was in the zone! was worth the freezing wet wait! haha i think billy idol made it rain [cool]

haha! i was soaked through' date=' couldnt feel my toes and was freezing (was only wearing a tshirt and jeans) but when aerosmith walked on i was in the zone! was worth the freezing wet wait! haha i think billy idol made it rain :-k[/quote']

at least for all my pain i got the girls phone number....Hell Yeah!! but still... its not nice when ambulance crew sayin ya heart rate dangerously low [cool]

Billy Idol was great!! i shook his hand when he was singin Eyes without a face.

Saxon was my highlight of that day!

yeah i liked billy idol' date=' and saxon was alright- she got sweet wheels of steel! stayed at the front for 3 hours waiting for slash! what camp was you on [/quote']

Red camp, we were the gang with the biggest flag pole on the site lol

For the big ones, I've seen Tom Petty and Iron Maiden. I'm kicking myself for missing Faith No More in Philly.

Off the top of my head, smaller shows include: Baroness, Torche, Isis, Red Sparowes, Municipal Waste, Stinking Lizaveta, GWAR, Mastodon, Melvins, etc. I've gone to a handful of crust punk shows too.

This year I've seen WAR, Dr. John, and Johnny Winter. I'm trying to get tickets to see KISS next Saturday, and I might take a trip out to Washington D.C. (from my new school in Westminster, MD,) to see Rush in September. I'm also going to try and get tickets for the American Carnage tour when it stops in Glens Falls next Wednesday. I'm missing Exodus when they come to the city later this month, which I'm a little bummed about, but I can handle it.

I went to Rock for the River 7 in the Thousand Islands - some great singer-songwriters playing to raise awareness for an organization that monitors the St. Lawrence River.

I may see Barenaked Ladies in a few weeks, but don't have tickets yet.

I got to see the Moody Blues at Bethel Woods (where the 1969 Woodstock Music and Arts Festival was held, aka

Max Yasgur's Farm) on July, 10 2010. They were fantastic! Ray Thomas no longer tours with the band. They have a nice

young female who took his place who played flute, acoustic guitar and percussion. She had all of Ray's flute parts down pat. A gentleman that was sitting in front of me inform me that she mentored under Ray Thomas before joining the tour band. They played through quite a bit of their Catalog from the early days onto latter times. My lady and I had good seats so I was able to watch Justin Hayward play his guitar(s) with both the naked eye and get the closeups on the video scene. Thank God we had pavilion seats, because true to Woodstock nature, it rained.

Outside of a few local shows I saw Spoon for the hundredth time and missed the opener I really wanted to see: Deerhunter. Went to see She and Him with my wife and her friends. This past Saturday I rocked out to Mission of Burma (f'ing amazing) and this fall I'll be seeing Pavement and Belle & Sebastian. Wanted to catch the Guided By Voices reunion tour, but spaced out and now it is sold out [cool] .

Let's see. I'll definately be forgetting a few.

The first band I can remember seeing this year was TSOL. The Adolescents played at that show too. It was at the Key Club. Anyone who listens to punk should know that that was a pretty sweet show.

Then the next band I remember seeing was a band called mewithoutYou. Some of you guys might like them. I'm pretty sure Fred would but they're not for most of you guys. Deerhunter played at that show and they were sooo awesome. This was at the El Ray Theatre which is a pretty cool venue. Nice place.

I think the next show was Sonic Youth at the Wiltern. This may have been the best show I've ever seen. It was so awesome I can't even believe it. You guys would have been drooling over their gear too. That was memorable.

After that came Les Savvy Fav. Really cool band if you guys haven't heard them. I saw them at the Getty Museum for a free "Saturday off the 405" show. They put on an awesome live show. The singer..... You'd have to see him to understand....

Then I think the last show I saw was my old drummers band. I had to let his asswipe frontman use my SG which I was not thrilled about.

Outside of a few local shows I saw Spoon for the hundredth time and missed the opener I really wanted to see: Deerhunter. Went to see She and Him with my wife and her friends. This past Saturday I rocked out to Mission of Burma (f'ing amazing) and this fall I'll be seeing Pavement and Belle & Sebastian. Wanted to catch the Guided By Voices reunion tour' date=' but spaced out and now it is sold out [sad'] .

I like your style man. Spoon is great. I hadn't heard of Deerhunter until I saw them but they are AWESOME. She & Him are very pleasant to listen to. Perfect to listen to with the lady. Pavement is awesome and I didn't know they were playing. I'd love to see then but I bet the tickets will be too expensive for me.

Archived