Gibson Brands Forums

My new baby came in today!!

ONyX711

OnyX - Congrats from one Canuck to another!!! :-)

Really nice axe you have there!

And what you say about finding it so much nicer to play - I found the same thing compared to my Epi SG. The LP really plays and fits like a glove!

Looks like we are almost twins, lol!! (I just picked up a used '91 Epi LP Standard - Heritage Cherry Sunburst - but as you can see the cherry is extremely dark - big reason why I like it so much.... (it's almost iced tea/tobacco-ish.... but clearly red)

2232234270_97c51d7ecb.jpg?v=02232256700_e9b222b5f8.jpg?v=02232256674_2d841086e4.jpg?v=0

cheers

OnyX - Congrats from one Canuck to another!!! :-)

Really nice axe you have there!

And what you say about finding it so much nicer to play - I found the same thing compared to my Epi SG. The LP really plays and fits like a glove!

Looks like we are almost twins' date=' lol!! (I just picked up a used '91 Epi LP Standard - Heritage Cherry Sunburst - but as you can see the cherry is extremely dark - big reason why I like it so much.... (it's almost iced tea/tobacco-ish.... but clearly red)

cheers

[/quote']

Nice man..

Thanks for all the comments guys, my fingers are stiff this morning from playin all night last night. LOL

I should have got this a long time ago, maybe Id know how to play half decent by now. Kepp plugin away. Ill get it.

The reason i got this one was that its my new years res to learn how to play these things right. Ive had an electric for almost 10 years but never really learned much. Mind you it wasnt the best (Ibanez cimar). It was discuraging. learning on a guitar your fightin with all the time. seemed like every time I went o play it i had to adjust somin cause it wass outa tune or frett was buzzing. Always changed. I guess thats the difference from a 120.00 guitar and a $500 one. =D>/

ONyx711, Hey that LP is a beauty! I'm itching to get an LP myself. I used to have an Alpine White Custom LP (Gibson). Needed to get a decent keyboard to play in my band. For what I got for my LP I was able to get a Korg Triton LE 61 and a Roland 550 keyboard amp. I still miss that Les Paul sound and feel though. I currently own an Epiphone Sheraton II NA (2005 made in Saien, Korea). I like it a lot, but I'd still like to get myself an LP. Right now I'm pretty much busted with medical bills (I just had surgery done on my ankle), increased school taxes which jumped my mortgage escrow up a bit, and increased payout to the ex-wife because our daughter's attending Catholic high school now and the tuition is steep. I'm hoping to use some of my tax return for another electric guitar. Of course it's going to be an Epiphone because I can no longer afford to buy a Gibson. However, the Epiphones give you a good bang for your buck, so I'm happy with that. Good luck and happy playing with your new "Honey". [-o</

• 1 year later...

Nice! I'm not an LP guy, but I wouldn't mind having one like that in my collection.

So um, whenryagonna start the mods? You know, new PUPS, tuners, bridge, pickguard, switches, pots, and a whammy. Also sand that finish down and paint it with hot pink Krylon or somethin' sweet.

Ha ha.

Archived