Gibson Brands Forums

What famous guitar player do most guitarists love to hate??????????????

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it obviously comes down more to the persons attitude then ability. I think most musicians can find an admirable ability in most other musicians, but like with most people - famous or not - annoying attitude is a big turn-off. What i hate most are the ones with the 'god given at birth' talent acting like they worked hard to get as good as they are.

Herman Li and his rhythm guitarist Sam. Their so full of themselves they have a "I bet you cant do this" Video. I mean come on! You can sweep an A arpeggio and thats it. And on top of that they're soo sloppy when it comes to playing live they sound horrible!

Well it obviously comes down more to the persons attitude then ability. I think most musicians can find an admirable ability in most other musicians' date=' but like with most people - famous or not - annoying attitude is a big turn-off. What i hate most are the ones with the 'god given at birth' talent acting like they worked hard to get as good as they are.

[/quote']

What attitude[

He has to show off on the freaking sweedish version of the muppets........What an A$$Hole!

Herman Li and his rhythm guitarist Sam. They're so full of themselves they have a "I bet you cant do this" Video. I mean come on! You can sweep an A arpeggio and thats it. And on top of that they're soo sloppy when it comes to playing live they sound horrible!

I've believe you are forgetting one: Kurt Cobain.

I like him (the "i was a teenager then and now i can't get emotionaly detached from that" factor), but A LOT of guitarists hate him. they don't even consider him as a "guitar player"...

Reading my newest issue of GP and ok, I've just added John 5 to my list. I don't think i've ever heard him play, but i'm tired of seeing his goofy mug everytime i turn a page in a guitar magazine.

Reading my newest issue of GP and ok' date=' I've just added John 5 to my list. I don't think i've ever heard him play, but i'm tired of seeing his goofy mug everytime i turn a page in a guitar magazine. [/quote']

I'm starting to feel the same about the man with the hat and the Epiphone signature LP in the back cover that same magazine.

Edit. Damn, that was the last month's issue I was referring to, got the new one today - 15 pages of the said top hat and "How to play Paradise City". I think he's good but enough is enough....

I can't believe this thread got this deep without anyone mentioning the biggest a**hole in Guitardom-Ted Nugent.

First, I'm not bragging but I can play anything he can play. And if you ain't no better than me, well, you ain't so great.

I don't know why those kill-crazy buttholes don't join the army & match their skills with other humans with guns instead of shooting defenseless animals. Just my 2 cents.

I can't believe this thread got this deep without anyone mentioning the biggest a**hole in Guitardom-Ted Nugent.

First' date=' I'm not bragging but I can play anything he can play. And if you ain't no better than me, well, you ain't so great.

I don't know why those kill-crazy buttholes don't join the army & match their skills with other humans with guns instead of shooting defenseless animals. Just my 2 cents. [/quote']

LOL! Because, Slim...the animals can't shoot back! ;>)

But, you knew that, already...

CB

First' date=' I'm not bragging but I can play anything he can play. And if you ain't no better than me, well, you ain't so great.

I don't know why those kill-crazy buttholes don't join the army & match their skills with other humans with guns instead of shooting defenseless animals. Just my 2 cents. [/quote']

=D>

hmmm.... you want change back?

Welp, Ted, among others, are the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place, and as far as the other stuff, those are his views and opinions, and I personally don't think it takes anything away from what he's done musically. I too, can play a lot of his things, and sound pretty close too, of course screaming feedback isn't really that difficult to emulate, but to lump him in with Hammet? NAH, I beg to differ.

"and I personally don't think it takes anything away from what he's done musically"

Not tryin to pick a fight but I don't think he's ever done anything I would call "musically" outstanding at all....and that's being nice. He's an a$$hole to boot......just my opinion of course.

I don't know why those kill-crazy buttholes don't join the army & match their skills with other humans with guns instead of shooting defenseless animals. Just my 2 cents.

Ok... I don't get too upset about any of these posts but I just happen to be one of those "kill-crazy buttholes" that your refering to. On behalf of all of us, please back off and go back to hugging your tree.

Ok... I don't get too upset about any of these posts but I just happen to be one of those "kill-crazy buttholes" that your refering to. On behalf of all of us' date=' please back off and go back to hugging your tree. [/quote']

Like I said, if you get your rocks off killing animals you ought to move up to the 'big time' & pick on somebody your own size. And before you get back in my face, yes, I did that almost 40 years ago in Vietnam. What I was shooting at were shooting back.

And no, I didn't enjoy it at all.

I don't really mind Nugent's limited talent, because I think it's honest, but I do find his juvenile personality annoying. Last year he wrote an editorial in The Wall Street Journal in response to the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love. After reading his diatribes against "dirty, stinky hippies" and their ilk, and folks who managed to survive the '70s I just felt sorry for him. He sounded like a bitter, unfulfilled, broken, old man.

Ok... I don't get too upset about any of these posts but I just happen to be one of those "kill-crazy buttholes" that your refering to. On behalf of all of us' date=' please back off and go back to hugging your tree. [/quote']

Alcorn, as a fellow born Hoosier and former "Kill Crazy Butthole" (don't have the stomach for it any more) and as much as I want to comment politically, we're better off keeping politics and the like off of the forum There have been several posts deleted lately, we don't need to give the administrator any more amunition. (no pun intended tulsaslim to pull threads that don't meet the criteria, It's not worth it bro.

Archived