Gibson Brands Forums

Post pictures of your SG

wedgeSG

Still have yet to get this photo posting thing worked out myself... but all these Les Pauls are making me feel excluded. How's about a round of Solid Guitar gallery goodies to even things out here a bit? Seems entirely necessary anyway; what with Angus on tour right now and alll.............

Wedgie

Guest alanhindle
Heres my 2000 Epi Custom and my 64 Gibby SG. Stan.MVC-008F-1.jpg

How do find the vintage Gibby Stan? Are they as special as people say?

Alan

These are some really nice looking SGs! I've never actually played an SG' date=' but I really like the G400 Custom. Does it play as good as it look?[/quote']

My friend has one and IMO it doesn't play quite as good as it looks. I'm not a fan of the middle pick up, it gets in my way and the neck is far thicker than a Gibson spec Standard SG. But thats just me, try one of yourself, it could be your holy grail!

Heres my lovely 2000 Gibby Standard;

PICT0045.jpg

Sorry about the slight overexposure; my camera is rubbish. However, at least you can see the grain, which the great Nigel Tufnel might describe as "quite unbelievable!"

Well Mr. Hindle I played the 64 as my # 1 guitar for 10 years when i had my band, and it was great . Now a days i play the custom a lot more then the old timer. Its kind of been put out to pasture so to speak. But its in good shape,never been broken, which, because of the thin neck heel, happen alot to this type of SG. Stan.

Gibson SG Special Faded:

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

February 15th, 2005

Production Number: 44

modifications:

1. truss rod adjustment and set-up (pro)

2. restring w/ D'Addario EXL110 10-46

3. pointer knobs

4. PU height and pole pieces dialed in

5. black TRC replaced w/ 2-ply B&W

6. pickup covers added

7. new knobs

very well made and resonant when played unplugged...three

piece body, you can see the two small additional pieces in the photos (not so visible in

person)...appears to be a one-piece neck, grain is continuous w/ no seams...thought

about adding a maestro (I have a NOS LH string anchor) but it plays really well now

so I'll probably just leave it...the only LH guitar I have that came with standard RH

wiring and full tonal range!

SG1.jpg

SG2.jpg

SG3.jpg

SGfull.jpg

Archived