Gibson Brands Forums

Thanks dillweeds. The Riviera p93 is gone for good.

ChrisKevin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To those of you who think you know it all' date=' thanks for nothing. Watch as these things appreciate $300.00 in the next few months. [/quote']

Yeah........what a dumba$$ you must be, selling your extra Rivvie for $10 profit, just to make a point to us, when you could have held it a while, ignored us, and made a few hundred off it.

Yeahhhhhh boy, we "know it alls" are the ones coming off looking goofy here............NOT.

To those of you who think you know it all' date=' thanks for nothing. Watch as these things appreciate $300.00 in the next few months. [/quote']

Shucks, I was hoping that the new year would bring us nice posters.

You might want to sell your other Riviera if it's going to appreciate THAT much. You ARE going to declare the $410 you made on Riviera #1 as capital gains, aren't you? If so, you lost about $75 with that as well as the ebay and paypal charges.

Who here is really dumb?

Chris, you are a bit like a ticket tout, but you are a guitar tout................ you buy something just to sell it to someone for more, when the people could of paid the actual price at the time when it was on sale. :-k

im always sorry to hear when touts dont sell their tickets #-o

Chris' date=' you are a bit like a ticket tout, but you are a guitar tout................ you buy something just to sell it to someone for more, when the people could of paid the actual price at the time when it was on sale. :-k

im always sorry to hear when touts dont sell their tickets #-o [/quote']

On this side of the pond, they are known as (politically incorrect) scalpers.

I've learned a very important lesson from this. If I want to buy a guitar as an investment, I need to wait more than a week before I resell it on ebay. Who'd have thunk it?

Chris' date=' you are a bit like a ticket tout, but you are a guitar tout................ you buy something just to sell it to someone for more, when the people could of paid the actual price at the time when it was on sale. :-k

im always sorry to hear when touts dont sell their tickets #-o [/quote']

Buy low sell high. I think they call that capitalism. If the people could have paid the actual price, why didn't they?

Buy low sell high. I think they call that capitalism. If the people could have paid the actual price' date=' why didn't they?[/quote']

That's not the point. I think very few would object to someone making a modest profit.

Buy low sell high. I think they call that capitalism. If the people could have paid the actual price' date=' why didn't they?[/quote']

Because the "capitalists" bought them up, for re-sale?

Theres nothing wrong with making a buck, just don't grab ALL the cookies in the jar to sell later.

Because the "capitalists" bought them up' date=' for re-sale?

Theres nothing wrong with making a buck, just don't grab ALL the cookies in the jar to sell later.[/quote']

I'm going to have to persist in being an a**hole. lol. What you are describing (see quote) is called cornering the market. Another capitalist technique used to make big profits.

I'm going to have to persist in being an a**hole. lol. What you are describing (see quote) is called cornering the market. Another capitalist technique used to make big profits.

It all depends on the "spin" that is put on it. I think that Russian dictionaries define capitalism as a form of economy where rich people get richer by taking advantage of poor people, who become poorer.

By the way, dillweed is a euphemism for dickweed.

It all depends on the "spin" that is put on it. I think that Russian dictionaries define capitalism as a form of economy where rich people get richer by taking advantage of poor people' date=' who become poorer.

By the way, dillweed is a euphemism for dickweed.

[/quote']

I think the current American dictionary defines capitalism as Big Banks sticking it to everyone.

Archived