Gibson Brands Forums

What´s your dream guitar?

gus²

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
424075.jpg

424077.jpg

Well' date=' since I was a little kid and I saw Michael J. Fox playing "Joohny B. Goode" with a cherry red Gibson ES-335 on "Back To The Future", I´ve gotta say, that was love at first sight...Don´t know when I´ll be able to afford one, but as soon as I get the money, I´ll have one of those...what about you guys?[/quote']

He actually played an ES-345 in Back to the future, which was a bit of a mistake as it wasn't released until 1959!

60es345.jpg

He actually played an ES-345 in Back to the future' date=' which was a bit of a mistake as it wasn't released until 1959!

[img']http://www.paulgabriel.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/60es345.jpg[/img]

didn't know that, thanks man...but that 335 that i posted is really my dream guitar, whith slim neck, blocks inlay, vintage kluson tuners...i'm in love with her

Got most of my "Dream" guitars' date=' already. But...there's always a couple more. In my case, they're both Gibsons:

An ES-345, and a VOS SG Standard w/Maestro. Ah...[i']SOMEDAY[/i]!! LOL!

CB

SG Standard w/Maestro? In earlier posts, you may recall my "war story" that I let my '63 go for $500.00. Duh!! Can't remember where I saw it on the web, but recall seeing a $30K sticker on a '62. WOW... The picture below is not mine, but is the same guitar. ............J

63SGwithLyre.jpg

Found out what my dream guitar make was or maker just last night. Its the Travis Bean TB 1000, dont see many about these days but theres a band called Foals in England there pretty big, the lead singer plays one.

I just remembered that theres another guitar that is amazing is the gibson Les paul junior double cutaway dont know if thats correct.

1973%20travis%20bean%20tb1000a%20guitar%20b1.jpg

LesPaul-Junior.jpg

Found out what my dream guitar make was or maker just last night. Its the Travis Bean TB 1000' date=' dont see many about these days but theres a band called Foals in England there pretty big, the lead singer plays one.

I just remembered that theres another guitar that is amazing is the gibson Les paul junior double cutaway dont know if thats correct.

[img']http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/1973%20travis%20bean%20tb1000a%20guitar%20b1.jpg[/img]

One of the guys of Arcade Fire also play one of these, i always wanted to know what was the name of it...still, that´s definitly not my type..and it has a metalic? how does it sound?!

SG Standard w/Maestro? In earlier posts' date=' you may recall my "war story" that [b']I let my '63 go for $500.00.[/b] Duh!! Can't remember where I saw it on the web, but recall seeing a $30K sticker on a '62. WOW... The picture below is not mine, but is the same guitar. ............

You did what?!

SG Standard w/Maestro? In earlier posts' date=' you may recall my "war story" that I let my '63 go for $500.00. Duh!! Can't remember where I saw it on the web, but recall seeing a $30K sticker on a '62. WOW... The picture below is not mine, but is the same guitar. ............J

[/quote']

Owned, i would have offered 501 for it =P

also, that kind of stupidity is inexcusable, FAIL

SG Standard w/Maestro? In earlier posts' date=' you may recall my "war story" that I let my '63 go for $500.00. Duh!! Can't remember where I saw it on the web, but recall seeing a $30K sticker on a '62. WOW... The picture below is not mine, but is the same guitar. ............J

[img']http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/173bro/63SGwithLyre.jpg[/img]

Well, Jepi....we've all got "war stories," and guitars we wish we hadn't sold, for whatever reason.

I can think of 5 I wish I'd never sold or traded off. But, that's life! Besides, then...who knew?!

They were just "used guitars!" There wasn't this "Vintage insanity," around then.

CB

Well' date=' Jepi....we've all got "war stories," and guitars we wish we hadn't sold, for whatever reason.

I can think of 5 I wish I'd never sold or traded off. But, that's life! Besides, then...who knew?!

They were just "used guitars!" There wasn't this "Vintage insanity," around then.

CB[/quote']

Crazy days for sure. I paid $50 (it was just sitting in a closet) for it, early 70's and some 10 or so years later, the guy I bought it from asked if I would sell it back to him. Never thought he could come with $500 cash, but he did the very next day then had it stolen out of his Van within a few months. The only thing I have left is the original bridge and a few pics somewhere. There's a couple others that pain me as well, but as you said "who new?!".................J

Archived