Gibson Brands Forums

1st post

MarkH

Hey yall, never knew that there was an Epi forum? Ive been on MyLesPaul forum, but have no Gibby?

I do have 4 Epis, 2 '99s a tobbaco Custom and a quilt blue LE Standard, a '08 + top trans blue (my boys) and an older ?? Strat copy.

Nice forum, hope to learn something!

A question, any way of finding out some info on the Strat? Sticker says X960031156...MIJ...MIK ? Anyway I like it with that banna headstock it may become a frankenstrat?

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the forum! Get some pics of your guitar and enjoy the place. Those strat copies aren't something I really know about. They were made in the late 80s or early 90s in Korea I think but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me!

Here is a try at a photobucket transfer??

awardsMarcus-guitars006.jpg

And the Strat>>>awardsMarcus-guitars009.jpg

The Strat and the Custom came to almost un-played, I had to rescue my blue baby from a pawn shop that was not very nice to her.

Allow me to add yet another welcome, Mark. Great bunch of players/techies/historians in this place ... information by the ton!

May I also add that your transblue LP looks amazing. It's really one of the nicest I've ever seen ... looks almost liquid in that pictire!

JIm

Nope, my Pearly's got a home in my guitarcase, I did see a nice cream pearly-oid guard at techster's shop, and it's for an Epiphone, so I don't have to file and sand like I had to with the white one...NAAAAH, I'm thinkin' I'l leave it off (yeah, right.).

The strat is from a budget line Epiphone put out in the 90's (I believe). MIK.

They all had EPI on the headstock, and the series had a letter prefix, but I dont recall what it was.

For instance, there is the E-Series, S-Series and yours - (?)Series.

Cant remember. I just read about that series a couple weeks ago.

I should have taken notes.

But its not a S-310, even though it looks like one.

Basically the same guitar, but different series and logo.

Thanks yall!

The Custom had a pearl pic gaurd when I saved her from the pawn shop? Little did I know that a "true Gibson" part needed sanding to fit the pups?

Oh well I have a pearl LP pick gaurg FS??!! uck

A question' date=' any way of finding out some info on the Strat? Sticker says X960031156...MIJ...MIK ? Anyway I like it with that banna headstock it may become a frankenstrat?[/quote']

Epi was a budget brand, made around 1998. My daughter has an Epi classical. I don't know if there's any significance to the serial #, it doesn't follow the Epiphone format. Here's a link to the 1998 Catalog.

This is just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was made by Cort in Indonesia. They made a lot of the Squier Strats for Fender as well.

This is just a guess' date=' but I wouldn't be surprised if it was made by Cort in Indonesia. They made a lot of the Squier Strats for Fender as well.

[/quote']

I have an Indonesian Made Squier Tele and with the exception of cheap hardware...I'd say they made a very good guitar. Hope your Epi Strat is just as good (If not, you can always turn it upside down and use it for a Hockey stick). LoL

Archived