Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Negative Series

mud guy

Hi All-

Noticed on Long and McQuade's site (Like Guitar Center in Canada) links to a limited edition (Canada only?) Epiphone Negative Series

Les Paul Standard- $580 CDN

SG Standard- $399 CDN

67 Flying V- $630.

The premise is like a negative of a photograph...All are white, black hardware and maple fretboards with black inlays.

lg_LPSTD%20Negative.jpg

lg_G-400%20Negative.jpg

lg_67FlyingV%20Negative.jpg

Cal

For those of you having trouble with pics, press Ctrl + F5, and that should hopefully remedy the issue.

Canadian only? Must be because of the maple, eh?

The only one that would interest me is the Les Paul, and I'd rather that the whole neck was bare maple, finished in a very light satin stain/clear like my Strat, and the body was finished in a nice honey burst or something. The black, white, and maple is all way too contrasty for my liking. And, even though I love trapezoidal inlays, they look crap in black on a maple board. A simple black dot is much better on maple.

The more I look at it, the maple neck looks kind of awkward against the black and white. It looks out of place. With more color on the body, like a honey burst as swoop mentioned, I think the color would balance much better. Of course then they would have to call it something else as it would lose the 'negative' effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is my Explorer 1/120 made and only 11 are left in stores throughout Canada. I love this guitar! The pickups are pretty clean tone and sharp the fretboard is maple and it weighs a ton. I noticed my headstock Epiphone name looks different from the Long McQuade pic. I got it from Long McQuade too. They are made exclusively for Canada. The fella above some comments mentioned the pickups should be white , I think I am going to dye mine white lol awesome idea thank you!

myexplorernegative.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived