Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD for me too!!!!! PICS ADDED FINALLY

lpfan

Man my buddy at the local shop just hooked my up with a new 2002 Black Fender Mexican Strat. This one had been in the stores warehouse. The owner is notorious for buying and selling some and holding others for awhile and then selling them later. He priced it to me for $375 and I took it. I could not pass up a new Fender Strat for that price. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I just watched a couple of MIM Strats go (bidding-wise) from

$24.99 to $305.00 and $349.00 at the last second for a reputable

seller. Perfect pictures, no doubt as to condition, 10 years old.

What is it about "MIM" Strats that are so desireable????

I just watched a couple of MIM Strats go (bidding-wise) from

$24.99 to $305.00 and $349.00 at the last second for a reputable

seller. Perfect pictures' date=' no doubt as to condition, 10 years old.

What is it about "MIM" Strats that are so desireable????[/quote']

For me it was the price, I got my 01 for $225 with a hardshell case (SKB rectangular)... The thing is PRISTINE and must have never been played. I set her up and she was good to go. I like an inexpensive guitar as a platform for mods. I put EMG SA pickups in it and you can get pretty close that Gilmour tone ...

where do you guys buy your guitars?

Jezzz! It must be somewhat cheaper for used and unwanted gear in other states!

Even used gear here in the Bay area CA is expensive.

If anyone sees that type of deal let me know!

I will buy it off of you for that price!

Good hunting....

Everything in CA is overpriced! IMO (But that is a different post.)

NARCO!

Good hunting....

NARCO!

Craig's list.

And I live in CA and have found some great deals. You just have to be patient, and look around.

Thats a really good deal ! gratz to ya!

From what I understand, the only difference between Am/Mex Fenders, is the p'ups.......and the Mexican Fenders usually have a BETTER finish.

When I bought my MexiTele there was an Am.Std. right next to it........looked like it had been "acid washed" or something (this was pre-"road worn").

I was actually confused, because the crappy looking one was MIUSA........and the one with the beautiful, lustrous finish, was MIM, & $500 cheaper.

oh well, here 'tis........

GarysCam032.jpg

Good hunting....

NARCO!

You have to be patient and look a lot. I got that Classic Players 50s strat (the burst pictured in my earlier post) for $400 and I just re-sold it for $550 - it was also immaculate. Of course I think the economy is really to blame for all these great deals.

I posted another thread where I just missed out on a basically brand new Sheraton II in the natural finish with the case for $275 - that was a great deal. I called as soon as I saw the posting, but it was already about 3 hours old and the seller responded that it was gone already.

And earlier this year I got a Classic 60s strat in LP blue for $300. Lots of great deals in Central Jersey, South Jersey and Philly areas.

HNGD to you too !!! Enjoy your new acquisition (pics when ya can - listen to me, I've had my NG for almost 2 weeks and no pics of my own yet[crying] )

Kong - your black Strat is sharp - I'm not a big fan of maple boards with darker guitars, but that works well :-

No Swoop I got this one with the rosewood neck because my sunburst 60th Anniversary Fender Strat has the maple neck.

Are you sure your maple neck is a 60th annv?? As far as I know' date=' the 60th annv strat came with a rosewood board.

Here is a link to the specs:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document/fender/60th_anniversary_stratocaster?doc_id=100101

It should have the fake diamond inlay on the headstock too. Here is a shot of my headstock:

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/maccraw/60th%20annv%20strat/60th_002.jpg[/img]

PS: I should add, Congrats on the new strat, enjoy. Gotta love the strats.

Are you sure your maple neck is a 60th annv?? As far as I know' date=' the 60th annv strat came with a rosewood board.

Here is a link to the specs:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document/fender/60th_anniversary_stratocaster?doc_id=100101

It should have the fake diamond inlay on the headstock too. Here is a shot of my headstock:

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/maccraw/60th%20annv%20strat/60th_002.jpg[/img]

PS: I should add, Congrats on the new strat, enjoy. Gotta love the strats.

Yours is a USA mine is a MIM 60th Anniv. so that may be where the difference is. I have seen other MIM anniv. with the Maple neck. I just saw a silver one sell locally on Craigslist for $275 I would have bought it but I wanted a black one. Pics shortly.

The 1st one you're showing is an MIM 6oth annv. All strats and teles (exceptions being CS and artist guitars) had the 60th annv tag on the headstock, but the 60th ann'v. guitars have many different features that the 2006 strat's/tele's didn't offer.

LPFAN stated that his is a "sunburst" 60th annv, so I figured he was speaking about an MIA and the only way the MIA 60th annv came was w/rosewood. As he said in the post above, his is an MIM, so there is the difference.

Good Deal ... I bought a 2001 MIM Standard earlier this year. I love the black with maple neck' date=' and I opted for the blacked out look ... Here is a pic - with friends, of course [biggrin']

006-3.jpg

Nice. You going for the David Gilmour black Strat look there?

Archived